Pics from San Francisco Coffee Meet at Gary's house June 15

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
jzuzphreek

#1: Post by jzuzphreek »

Holy Mackerel!

I think pictures taken from a lower viewing angle would probably reveal each attendee levitating about an inch above the ground. That's a lot of coffee going on! I'm a little jealous I don't live in an area as appreciative of fine coffee.

Looks like ya'll had a lot of fun!

civ

#2: Post by civ »

Hello:
jzuzphreek wrote:Looks like ya'll had a lot of fun!
Saw the photos last night but today they're gone ...

So, where's them flics gone to?

Cheers,

CIV

xtal

#3: Post by xtal »

Sounds fun! I'd love to attend any future gatherings.

drgary
Team HB

#4: Post by drgary »

Photos? You said there are more photos?

:lol:
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

dustin360

#5: Post by dustin360 »

This is the most confusing thread ever...

SlowRain

#6: Post by SlowRain »

My guess is the original poster didn't have the permission of all those people to post photos of them on the internet. It's probably a legal/privacy issue.

xtal

#7: Post by xtal »

Yes...there was originally a post with a bunch of pictures of people making coffee inside of a house.

heavyduty

#8: Post by heavyduty »

Titillating! :lol:
Tomorrow came sooner than expected.

Paul

drgary
Team HB

#9: Post by drgary »

Well, I don't know about the photos, but I kinda was there. So here's what happened.

A bunch of dedicated coffee fanatics gathered with home roasted and other high quality beans and tasted them using a few of my vintage levers and drip. They also had lots of fun with Tom's newly acquired Bezzera Strega, which you can see in the other thread. The levers that got special attention included my Conti Prestina, my Lady Duchessa and VAM Caravel. My Millennium Pavoni with group thermometry and rawman's 2002 Cremina also saw some action. The drip was prepared using my LIDO grinder. One of my Mazzer Super Jolly grinders with new burrs was used for the espresso machines as well as my voodoo Pharos and Tom's HG One.

Jim and Abe brought some nice wines and a Flying Goat coffee, others brought good food. I was so busy hosting I can't comment much about the coffees other than Henry's home-roasted Chilco, which I described in the other thread. I also provided some Barefoot Haiku espresso, which was pretty popular. Maybe others can chime in.

But here's the thing. This group was so fanatic it was like a bunch of kids in a chemistry lab so intent on tasting the coffees that they were all crowded into the kitchen and dinette -- the whole time. It was nice outside where I have a comfortable patio, pretty much a perfect day, but all the interest and action was around coffee. Welcome to Home-Barista!
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!