Video of a roast, prototype v2.1

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
sversimo

#1: Post by sversimo »

Since the last post was suppose to be the last, I guess I will have the make a new thread in order to post a video. The prototype has finally got a new motor, making it version 2.1 I suppose.

Here is a 5 min video:

ECM

#2: Post by ECM »

Link does not work.

sversimo (original poster)

#3: Post by sversimo (original poster) »

Thats a good point ;)

MaKoMo

#4: Post by MaKoMo »

Sverre,

respect. Looks good. Which PID are you using here and how is this talking to Artisan? Modbus? So you use ET for control did you ever tried to use the BT for PID control?

Thanks for using Artisan,
Marko

hadriano

#5: Post by hadriano »

Nice!
I like your tehnical solutions, and technical execution of the parts.
In final what type of datalogger you implemented?
Only one cons observation:why is so noisy?What part produce this amount of sounds?First I belived you put the microphone very near but I see your remark is difficult to hear FC.

#6: Post by sversimo (original poster) »

Thank you!

There is no communication between the PID and artisan, its simple a wire going from the k-type input on the PID through a V&A Va18B http://sigrok.org/wiki/V%26A_VA18B into the PC.

No, I havent tried controlling the BT directly. Could be fun to try

I havent decided on a datalogger jet, most likely it will be the TC4.

There are basically 3 things that produces the noise:
1) Motor w/ gear, 90W
2) Fan, 200W
3) The beans moving

Its not always difficult to hear FC, depends on the profil and type of beans.

hadriano

#7: Post by hadriano »

I re-heard MY youtube and yes, appear to be more noise in movie comparated with reality.:)
Maybe the recording of level of real db is distorted.
Me too I belive I will buy one TC4, in the future.First I wont to decide what kind of K-type, and the ideal positions.
You tryed to see the influence of different position of dumper linked with temperature inside of drum?
Me I use a electronic variator of speed, is not expensive, and I tryed to make a few measure with one position of burner BTU( in mbar in my case) and different speed of air. The results was interesting, the temperature inside is more less when I incresed the speed, from another roaster I understand is opposite.I have 5C down from every step of speed incresed.More or less we have same drum.I saw you have the posibility to do different measures, you tryed to see what airflow you have (with your big 200W fan) and with what speed?I like your cyclone, maybe we spoke in private about this.Is effcient from you?

#8: Post by sversimo (original poster) »

The cyclone works like a charm. Increasing the rotation speed seems to reduce the BT, although its hard to figure out if this is a true valvue.

I use open probes for the fastes respons, works good.