New Guatemala Gesha from Sweet Maria's - Page 6

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
the_trystero

#51: Post by the_trystero »

the_trystero wrote:I was emailing Coffee Shrub because they had the price higher than on SM and they mentioned they had a lot, which makes sense since they're offering it on the Shrub.
And I'm having my best cup so far right now. I pulled out the #165 Kalita Wave the other day and still don't even have it dialed in but this cup is better than anything I've done on the Aeropress. Initial sips were all blackberry and now it's jasmine, peaches and cherries. Unfortunately this was a combo of 3 different profiles I roasted on Monday so we'll see if I can better it.
"A screaming comes across the sky..." - Thomas Pynchon

another_jim
Team HB

#52: Post by another_jim »

This time around, I Kept the roast finish at a snail's pace, 4 minutes from 395 to 405. Nearly the same drop temperature as last time, but with the first crack was mostly done this time. The tinge of grassiness is gone; but the flavor is mostly cherries and brown sugar now, with only a touch of apricot. Very nice, but not quite what I had in mind. It's knife edge coffees like these that have me thinking about adding a ramp/soak PID controller.
Jim Schulman