Where to buy kit for Sirai pressurestat to retrofit on older Oscar

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
dlemon

#1: Post by dlemon »

Hey All

I'm looking to retrofit a Sirai pstat on my older Simonelli Oscar that has mater on it currently. I was hoping to find a US vendor that offers a kit similar to the one pictured here at http://www.elektros.it/en/oscar-modification-kit.html (near the bottom of the page)
Anyone know of a US vendor where this can be bought as a kit?

Or if you've done this mod yourself what was your part and vendor list?

I'm also wondering is the bracket necessary? Or can I get a L bracket from a hardware store and make it work. Same with the copper tubing?

Thanks for any help!

plindy

#2: Post by plindy »

NS USA
306 366-2226
for technical help
Kyle ext 24
Ryan ext 22

old part#'s
old prices

tube from boiler to Pstat

T fitting 1/4 M M F

bracket Pstat support

Pstat 30 amp

Pstat 20 amp

safety valve cover

Brass washer
D26 x 13.5 x 1.5

The first Sirai fitted Oscars had no bracket , safety valve cover , or brass washer for the cover.
The bracket and the connecting tube are available only from NS , possibly elektros

The T fitting , Pstat , and safety valve cover are available from espressoparts.com

Earlier Oscars will not have holes thru the top of the frame to attach the bracket , and if drilled , screw heads might interfere with fit of older top cover.
I took a thin strip of stainless made a hole for the pstat and put a right angle bend to rest on top of the top frame rail.
The tube , 6mm braze on tips or compression fittings or the two piece Yar-locks , then you need 1/4 bssp nuts....

call email mix and match
gluck

dlemon (original poster)

#3: Post by dlemon (original poster) »

Thanks plindy!

This a huge help. I'll probably save the few bucks on the support bracket and make it myself. Time to order and get this Sirai installed.
Thanks!
- Daran