Design idea: Boiler-fill probe should kill heating element when boiler needs water. Gicar, Quickmill

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
jamesdavid

#1: Post by jamesdavid »

Hey Guys,

I'm curious why Quick Mill and/or Gicar don't have a feature which disables the heating element when the auto-fill probe isn't touching water? For all the times on this forum I've seen people posting warnings like "disconnect the heating element in case the boiler is empty", you'd think this would have caught on by now?

Sure it might mean a few seconds of lost heating time whenever the steam boiler is actually filling, but during steaming, we're talking a few seconds max. I believe it could also help extend a heating element's service life. Most elements seem to die in the area of the element which is most frequently out of the water...

In my case, I'm talking about the Quickmill Vetrano, but I believe this applies to many HX machines using the standard Gicar controller...

Any thoughts?

radudanutco

#2: Post by radudanutco »

constant pressure/temp in boiler is quite important, so, a better technical solution for heating element safety, would be a separate minimum level probe (6) , beside the level probe (5), as it is in Bezzera Magica: