Elektra Nivola dripping when idle

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
daveyb

#1: Post by daveyb »

Hi, am I right in thinking, because the Nivola does not have a solenoid, then it will be quite normal to see drips of water on an infrequent basis through the shower screen when switched on?
The previous owner said it had a fault, but having taken it to pieces and found nothing, it suddenly dawned on me, that never having had a pump machine without a solenoid,this might be the answer.

DJF

#2: Post by DJF »

I was blessed with a Nivola for eight years :shock: . They should not drip.

Descaling is important for any machine but super critical for the Nivola. From memory the tiny two piece boiler is a wee 250ml and, if neglected for prolonged periods needs to be completely removed and dismantled for effective cleaning. An old circuit board can also cause problems as there is very little protection from unvented heat inside the machine.

It's quite possible the boiler is overheating which is causing the drips as it sits directly over the group.

I turned mine into a coffeepunk lamp.. :D

Edit; Stefanos Espresso Care has a very handy full schematic for the Nivola.
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I don't think so."

daveyb (original poster)

#3: Post by daveyb (original poster) »

Thanks Dr. I have descaled her as others have said that but it made no difference. The drip is just occasional. i do not really want to open her up so I will just put up with it. the machine is just a passing fancy and now my serious machine, so I can live with it I guess!