Writing a book

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
Gazultra

#1: Post by Gazultra »

So I've been a barista for around 5 years now, after some recent inspiration I have decided to write my own personal barista guide and set of stories from baristas all over the world, I'm about to set off I on a four year tour of the world including coffee farms roasterys and numerous coffee shops everywhere I go I hope to work in a few shops and also on the farms and n the roasterys, any help/advice/stories anything that could help towards this book would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Gaz

drgary
Team HB

#2: Post by drgary »

That seems like a wonderful adventure. You might want to read similar books, like The Infinite Emotions of Coffee by Alon Y. Halevy. Dr. Halevy also heads Google database research and describes coffee cultures around the world and at Google.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Gazultra (original poster)

#3: Post by Gazultra (original poster) »

That's wicked that you :) it's gonna b some adventure, the first part of the book will feature all the things I have learnt and information about pretty much everything there is to do with coffee, the second part witll be a diary/guide about my trip with interviews with barista's coffee shop owners and farmers and a load of waffle about what I have been doing on the trip :)

cafe102

#4: Post by cafe102 »

Wow, what an adventure! Let me know when you make it to the U.S. I will be your local coffee guide, give you a sofa to crash on if needed! I'm sure you'll get this offer from other members as well. Safe travels! Bill

#5: Post by Gazultra (original poster) »

Amazing thank you, also if you have any barista friends whom I could interview for the book that would be great I have about 5 short questions :) just to get an idea of baristas from around the world :)

Marshall

#6: Post by Marshall »

Gazultra wrote:So I've been a barista for around 5 years now, after some recent inspiration I have decided to write my own personal barista guide and set of stories from baristas all over the world, I'm about to set off I on a four year tour of the world including coffee farms roasterys and numerous coffee shops everywhere I go I hope to work in a few shops and also on the farms and n the roasterys, any help/advice/stories anything that could help towards this book would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Gaz
If you PM me, I can put you in touch with people at World Coffee Events, who could recommend leading baristas around the world. WCE runs the World Barista Championship and other international barista competitions.
Marshall
Los Angeles

#7: Post by Gazultra (original poster) »

I have done thank you :)

TomC
Team HB

#8: Post by TomC »

This topic was also posted on Coffee-Geek, however as of now, there are only replies here.

Why is cross-posting strongly discouraged?
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

#9: Post by Gazultra (original poster) »

I did notice about cross posting but on the plus side I did my research and coffee geek seemed quite quiet and since posting here I have been in touch with a few people :)!