Rocket E61 lever operator difficulty

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
bronsht

#1: Post by bronsht »

Hello. I'm back with the Rocket Giotto Evo 2. Now that Maryland tutored me I can change and clean the brew/exhaust/lever parts almost like a champ. My water is tap-about the same as Tom C's but even when I used Arrowhead I have the following problem. After cleaning and lubing parts in only 3 or 4 days when I turn the lever up to actuate brewing, I get a grinding sound sort of a clunk. That is metal upon metal. I only pull 3 doubles a day. In order to clean with Full Circle I need to disassemble the parts to lube due to the clunk sound (so as to protect the parts. (Don't ask me how I learned that! Had to replace the stems which bent.) Then I reassemble and first clean. Now I disassemble, lube and reassemble but instead of getting one to two weeks of use, I only get 3 to 4 days before the grinding starts. Does anyone have any tips on this or is it just my water? Thank you.

rizodcat

#2: Post by rizodcat »

I found food grade lube that is stable to 400 degrees lasts until I clean the brewhead then it begins to to stick. But this usually lasts a month or more.

ohills

#3: Post by ohills »

I had the same problem. I thought it was the lube. It was actually the pump switch grinding on the lever. I sanded the switch (must have been a little burr on the switch). Lighted sanded it. That worked.