Millenium Pavoni EPC8 Single Hole Frothing Questions - Page 2

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
thevitruvianman (original poster)

#11: Post by thevitruvianman (original poster) »

Morgan from wholelattelove mentions it in their frothing mistakes video. I didn't have the motivation to dig through all the videos I watched to see where else the term is used, so I'll say I picked it up from them haha. I assumed it stood for whirlpool as well.
"I'm tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

#12: Post by thevitruvianman (original poster) »

Dev wrote:I found that not all single hole tips are created equally.
Speaking of, my single hole tip is from OE and when it's frothing, I see that bubbles are escaping from the other end as well. I'm now getting a more cappuccino-esque foam, but should the tip be completely sealed when screwed on only dispensing from the hole or does some escape from the rim side as well?

Dev

#13: Post by Dev replying to thevitruvianman »

I suggest using some Teflon tape wrapped on the threads to seal the leak. I too was getting the cap foam with the one hole tip so bought a higher quality one hole tip from a German seller on EBay that had the back end tapered so it doesn't create a wake when the milk come back on to it's self.
It worked but it was still difficult getting latte art quality foam that I was use to. I then purchased another tip from a different German seller that was made of brass and it extended the tip a little. While I was waiting for the new tip I experimented with JB weld to make the hole smaller on the original one hole tip and made the discovery. After receiving the new tip I performed the JB weld trick to it and it worked even better.

The most important thing I discovered with the LP is that you need to match the tip hole size with the pressure otherwise you will be making marsh mellows.

LaDan

#14: Post by LaDan »

What is that JB Weld trick? You are talking like everybody should immediately know what you did.

#15: Post by thevitruvianman (original poster) »

So the teflon tape worked like a charm. Also I've figured out that I get much better results if I angle the pitcher so that the steamer is pointing directly down. I was previously angling it the other way which in combination with the angled wand made extensive marshmallow.

Dev

#16: Post by Dev »

thevitruvianman wrote:So the teflon tape worked like a charm. Also I've figured out that I get much better results if I angle the pitcher so that the steamer is pointing directly down. I was previously angling it the other way which in combination with the angled wand made extensive marshmallow.

Good to hear.
I have mine pointed down but with a slightly angled pitcher so that the pressure bounces off the side and churns up the milk as it's texturing.