Boilers on... PID turns off, no steam, no water.

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
Ethernaut05

#1: Post by Ethernaut05 »

New Vetrano 2B. Tank always checked before operation for at least half its capacity. Both brew and steam boilers indicate bright green lights..although the heat light (amber) isn't flashing and although I've made several shots this am without a hitch; I go to make a late morning capp and notice NO PID lights, nothing..nothing when I press buttons or anything. Turn on steam, goes on then peters totally off..no water at all, through group or steam/water wands. Green lights still on. Water over half full.. this is the second time this occurred. Machine not even 2 weeks old!

Devin H

#2: Post by Devin H »

You aren't using distilled water are you? If there aren't enough minerals in the water, then the water sensor won't work correctly and will shut the heating elements off... Maybe try pouring some tap water in if this is the case...

Advertisement
Ethernaut05 (original poster)

#3: Post by Ethernaut05 (original poster) replying to Devin H »

No it's all tap water. My tap is 3grains so I use straight tap.

Devin H

#4: Post by Devin H »

Well... you probably want to contact the company you purchased it from. If its a reputable company then they will hopefully either know whats going on and tell you how to fix it or send you a new replacement unit/parts.

erics
Supporter ★

#5: Post by erics »

As a quick guess . . . see that the water level sensor "float" in the reservoir is hitting the pin stop. Maybe fill the reservoir to 2/3 full or TEMPORARILY bypass that sensor switch.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

#6: Post by Ethernaut05 (original poster) replying to erics »

Nice guess! Will do.... Thx.

#7: Post by Ethernaut05 (original poster) »

Sometimes I forget that the very people in the know...eg..Chris Nachtrieb of Chris' Coffee Service occasionally peruse these forums! I'm overwhelmed at the kindness and expediency that Chris and his service department reached out to me to help me resolve this issue. When the owner himself emails you a fix and a concern it really solidifies my decision to make a large investment with his company! I couldn't be happier or recommend CCS more. So glad that Dan has such a wonderful relationship with true top notch retailers.