Prototype La Marzocco GS3 - A Pro's Perspective - Page 24

Behind the scenes of the site's projects and equipment reviews.
malachi (original poster)

#231: Post by malachi (original poster) »

By the way, I've been informed that the steam wand fix is not only done - but it's been installed on Greg's GS3.
Hey Greg... want to tell us about the changes? Have you switched tips?
What's in the cup is what matters.

skyryders90

#232: Post by skyryders90 replying to malachi »

Just bumping this in case Greg didn't see it.

gscace

#233: Post by gscace »

malachi wrote:By the way, I've been informed that the steam wand fix is not only done - but it's been installed on Greg's GS3.
Hey Greg... want to tell us about the changes? Have you switched tips?
Oh, Hi there:

I have a high pressure steam boiler relief valve and I've got the boiler up at 2 bars now. Steam performance is more Linea-like now and in keeping with the rest of the machine. I've got several steam tips to try. At 2 bars of pressure the tip Bill originally supplied works well and I make nice milk with it. I haven't used the other tips, but it's on my short list to do so. Between chasing Anneke, the Queen of entropy around, doing thermofilter stuff, and trying to keep my regular job, I'm pretty slammed. But I'll get to it.

-Greg

#234: Post by malachi (original poster) »

I have the GS3 back for a short visit (using it as the bench machine for an article I'm writing).

It now has the re-done steam wand (with a choice of three tips) as well as a new probe and some improved PID tuning.

I've missed it!

Needless to say... all the good things are at least as good (I haven't had time to do the whole WBC protocol and probably won't, but first tests look like a small improvement in inter-shot stability). But the big change is steaming. The GS3 is now, without a doubt, the best "home" machine I've steamed with. It's not quite in the class of the Linea (the limited articulation on the wand rules that out) but it's otherwise near world-class.

I have no idea about availability or price... but if I were going to be buying a "be all end all" non-custom machine where price was no option... there would be no competition.

I love this machine.

xtophr

#235: Post by xtophr »

Could this be the impetus behind the stylyng of the GS3? Here's an older machine on ebay that is clearly the same style as the GS3 prototype considered in this thread. It is 220 v. but I don't know what year it was made. Anyone?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3873071238

#236: Post by malachi (original poster) »

That's the LM GS2 and yes, it's the "spiritual model" for the GS3.

jrhudgins

#237: Post by jrhudgins »

Has anyone any news about a projected release date for the GS3 ? Any rumors even?

Thanks,

JRHUDGINS

ThaRiddla

#238: Post by ThaRiddla »

They've told me "later this year", however vague it is, it's still a projected timeline.

annp

#239: Post by annp »

I exchanged emails with someone at ESI and am on "the list."

Who knows what that means, I've been on lists before!

Ann
someday my GS3 will come

Teme

#240: Post by Teme »

The price that has been confirmed for Europe is around $4700 before taxes. First deliveries in Europe are to take place during first quarter 2007. US will be getting before this according to what I hear.

Br,
Teme