Rancilio S27 problems, need repair recommendations

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
spotswood

#1: Post by spotswood »

I am new to this board and need advice regarding my Rancilio S27 machine.
I purchased it new back in 1988. In Illinois it worked flawlessly for 10 years. I bottle fed it distilled water from below the cart in my home. I only needed to replace the mail portafilter gasket once or twice.
It sat for several years while I was traveling and then after moving to Florida in 2000, the electronic pad started not working. Several times I had a coffee company in Orlando service and they never wanted to replace the pad. They would clean the contacts and say it was due to the humidity here that they would corrode. The last time they said they put a new electronic pad in.
While waiting for it to be fixed I started using a Lavazza Point machine. It works good but now that needs repair to the board.
I pulled out the S27 and tried to start using again and I am now finding that the pump is squealing when activating the keypad and it is not pumping up water into the boiler. The steam is weak to non existent. All the key pads are not working which was my original problem. It has sat in the garage for the last three years after having been returned from repair most likely with water in the boiler.
Who can I get to fix this correctly in central florida and is it worth fixing? Where do I have to send it to be correctly refurbished? It is in excellent condition externally. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Gary

Advertisement
barry

#2: Post by barry »

Find Al Critzer. You can probably get his contact info from Volcanos Coffee in Orlando (www.volcanoscoffee.com).

CRCasey

#3: Post by CRCasey »

The vanes on your pump have been frozen for so long that they have rubber sealed to the side walls of the pump. Get the motor off and get the pump rebuilt. If you have further problems with it let me know. I will give you a hand.

-C
Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love-CMdT, LMWDP#244

CRCasey

#4: Post by CRCasey »

Those keypads were sealed and were ready for heat in the first place. I am willing to bet some water is the problem with them.

-C
Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love-CMdT, LMWDP#244