Inherited Brasilia Gradisca 3 group

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Michris

#1: Post by Michris »

hi there,

I have just taken over a tea room and have inherited the above coffee maker. It hasn't been used for a year and various things are a little wrong and I am hoping someone can give me an idiots guide to fixing them.

Firstly one group is not producing any water and also seems to have lost its metal shower bit and the other two have water slowly coming out but in every which way.

Secondly the boiling water tap is continually dripping.

If someone can help with these two problems I would appreciate it.

Also how do I go about descaling the machine?

Idiots guide please if you can answer any of the above. Many thanks

gor

#2: Post by gor »

Everything can be fixed, but why do it yourself?

If you are running a commercial operation, get a service tech to come in and get the machine running again. The reason I say this is because of liability issues. If you don't have any qualifications for this type of work and something goes wrong, and you're the last person to have worked on it - man, you'd be in deep shi*t* {pardon my French}

Your time would be better spent doing other things for the business.

*edit* - electrocution, 3rd degree burns from hot water, boiler explosion etc

LOTS of things can go wrong after "fixing" something

Michris (original poster)

#3: Post by Michris (original poster) »

I had a tech come in who said that the thing was condemned and that a leak underneath was the pump gone - my husband moved one of the plastic pipes and the leak disappeared. The machine makes coffee I just need to know how to descale it or a thorough clean as per the council's request after awarding me a 5 star hygiene rating.

Thank you for your reply.

Michris (original poster)

#4: Post by Michris (original poster) »

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Almico

#5: Post by Almico replying to Michris »

I'm with Gor. If it just needs a descale and a little cleanup and tweak it won't cost you a lot of money. If it needs a more than that, you'll be glad you called a professional.

Inside that machine is 220V and water. Not only water, but water under pressure. There is a component in there that controls the pressure as well as a component that prevents over pressurizing. Both don't last forever. If both happen to be bad at the same time you have a bomb.