Brasilia Portofino Leva 2 Group

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Coelacanth

#1: Post by Coelacanth »

Hi all... just bought the above from an online auction site - in conjuction with my sister and brother-in-law, who will ultimately have the unit at their house. It will be some time before I get to see the machine, so I am looking to see if anyone can tell me if this is a dipper or hx design..? I cant find anything on the net about them.

The auction details suggested it was from the mid '80's.

Any and all info appreciated - thanks! Wonder how it will stack up against the Londinium........

Couple of pics:

Balthazar_B

#2: Post by Balthazar_B »

Reminds me of the current La San Marco Model 85 Leva machines...

- John

LMWDP # 577

Tom@Steve'sEspresso

#3: Post by Tom@Steve'sEspresso »

The groups look like CMA\ Astoria design, and probably dippers. These groups have the replaceable inner barrel which is brilliant, the owner never has to worry about excessive wear affecting the grouphead bore itself. And parts are readily available. My CMA has found a new home but it made as good a shot as any other.

Great find you have.
LMWDP #222
Live graciously
Be kind
Have fun

Coelacanth (original poster)

#4: Post by Coelacanth (original poster) »

Thanks Tom

I was guessing along the CMA / dipper line, and am near-certain after your comments that this will prove to be the case.

There is a great deal to like about this machine, even just aesthetically speaking (check out the little coffee bean detail in the perforations on the cup warmer!) - so let's hope it can be mastered by my enthusiastic brother-in-law, toward fabulous espresso!

Alan Frew

#5: Post by Alan Frew »

According to my Nuova Ricambi catalogue the group is identical to the Astoria group (No.402898) and has a dipper tube (No.404081).

Alan

Coelacanth (original poster)

#6: Post by Coelacanth (original poster) »

Thank you Alan. Much appreciated.