What is wow'ing you? - Page 63

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
CoffeeBar

#621: Post by CoffeeBar »

leon wrote:Jeremy, you might want to check out this roaster in Taiwan: http://www.kakalovecafe.com.tw/

A friend of mine here recently pointed them out to me, and gave their coffee high praise. If you buy a couple 8oz packs the shipping isn't too crazy. I haven't tried them myself yet, but will do so once I start to run out of my current stock of beans.

Thank you Leon for sharing this online shop, The highest points I have ever tested was 93 points from Paradise coffee roasters last year. But Sorry for I could not remember what was the beans and the roast profile. Here is a sample from this roaster

I think the Highest points was 97 from one of the Coffee Roasters in Taiwan Simon Hsieh, do you know him?

RobertL

#622: Post by RobertL »

This week I've been drinking Nossa Family's Teodoro Italian Roast. This is the perfect comfort coffee! Did a quick search of the forum and only found a few mentions so I thought I would share. Probably not what you expect to find in this thread because it's not fruity, bright or anything over the top. Just delicious chocolate with a slight tobacco in the finish. Nossa's description includes toasted almond but I don't pick that up. If you enjoy comfort coffee give it a try!

http://www.nossacoffee.com/products/teodoros-italian

Coffeecritter

#623: Post by Coffeecritter »

For the past three evenings I've been getting some amazing sweetness and cherry flavors plus nice body and decent creama from Vivace's D-Caf blend. 18g in and 32-35 grams out pulled on my Conti Prestina. I rarely rave about decaf, but this batch is something special!
Life's too short to live in Dallas!

LMWDP #157

RyanJE

#624: Post by RyanJE »

Anyone else try Counter Cultures Hama Natural Sundried? Very tasty indeed!
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....

caldwa

#625: Post by caldwa »

My buddy Akaash shared some of Equator Coffee's Cerro Azul Enano from Granja La Esperanza with me this weekend, and it's pretty darn delicious. They think it's a natural mutation of Cerro Azul's gesha trees, whereby a couple rows or so looked dwarf-like (hence "Enano"). It's an exclusive coffee to Equator because Granja La Esperanza separately processes all of the Enano trees' production for Equator. The agave sweetness note is spot on - it's a light sweetness that's paired with soft tropical fruit notes and nice florals, with a smooth chocolate finish. I decided to pull it as an espresso this morning and it tasted like sweet lychee and dark chocolate. It's out of stock right now, but should be back soon.

poison

#626: Post by poison »

Sounds awesome!

louise78

#627: Post by louise78 »

I've only had great coffee beans to be honest. I think those that I like the most are the Lavazza Gold and different Ethiopian coffee beans. Ethiopia is a great coffee country, and they know how to grow beans properly :)

simplyred

#628: Post by simplyred »

Propeller Coffee Ace Espresso from Toronto. Initially, I bought a bag on a whim because of the little gold Roast Magazine Award sticker.

I can definitely say that I am a big fat newbie to all of this, but this bag is what put me over the edge to buy a Rocky/Silvia...

Excellent experience. Speaking of which, time for some Ace!

Definitely following this thread. Thanks for everything everyone. May all your shots be delicious...

LukeFlynn

#629: Post by LukeFlynn »

RyanJE wrote:Anyone else try Counter Cultures Hama Natural Sundried? Very tasty indeed!
I tried this at a local shop, was terrific!

RyanJE

#630: Post by RyanJE replying to LukeFlynn »

Made at home the best shot I've ever had by far. Shop or home made. Crazy taste dancing on my tongue.

It's definitely not a traditional espresso..
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....