New glass Clever Coffee Dripper, "Clever Grace"

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
Bob_McBob

#1: Post by Bob_McBob »

This is the glass version of the CCD that was on display at the SCAA Expo this year. It's about $55 USD in Hong Kong vs. $23 USD for the regular large CCD. There is some mention of a special filter with a different crimp style, but other sources say it takes the standard 103 size filters (Melitta #4).
Link with lots of photos and comments in Chinese:
http://www.vvcafe.com/work/不失敗新神器-玻璃聰明濾 ... -grace開箱一/

Link to HK retailer:
http://ucr.hk/product/clever-grace-coff ... -large-set
Chris

frank828

#2: Post by frank828 »

that looks great!

...it was really strange to visit their booth as nobody there seemed to speak any english. not even broken english.

hopefully we can get these in the US soon

ira
Team HB

#3: Post by ira »

Huh, I always seem to communicate with one of the women just fine in English. A bit slow perhaps, and she takes notes in Chinese. The confusion over filters might have been that they also introduced Clever branded #4 filters which weren't prominently displayed but seem a bit nicer made than Melitas.

Ira

RobertL

#4: Post by RobertL »

I love my plastic Clever, use it everyday. I'll be the first to say this glass model is hidious. The square base looks bulky and awkward. I guess if I had a problem with plastic I might consider it.

SlowRain

#5: Post by SlowRain »

This might actually convince me to get one. I'll have to do some research.

CoffeeBar

#6: Post by CoffeeBar »

Thank you Bob_McBob posted this video. Is checking out the links now, Interesting product though :D

It seems this Glass Clever coffee dripper not available in China market yet. Last month I was about to buy the plastic clever dripper. now I will wait until the Glass clever become available here.

happycat

#7: Post by happycat »

Vs $55 for the CCD, note that the Porcelain bonavita is $30CDN on amazon.ca... americans automatically get a 25% "discount" due to our crappy $$. Uses melitta #4 filters. I quite like mine.
LMWDP #603

bean2friends

#8: Post by bean2friends »

Yeah, I really like the Bonavita porcelain. I'm trying to imagine what would be better about this glass one. I guess it lets you see what's going on. I'm not tempted.

leon

#9: Post by leon »

Another fan of the porcelain Bonavita here.

At any rate, I'll check this new Clever dripper out when I next drop by that shop (linked in the OP). If I can get any good photos I'll post them here.

I'm more interested in the Clever filter papers as I can't find the #4 size filters here in HK that fit the Bonavita dripper. I've been using Hario V60 #3 filters and folding them to fit. They work pretty well.

CwD

#10: Post by CwD »

The Bonavita has a significantly smaller drain hole than the plastic clever, this new glass one could be good for the quick drawdown time afforded by the larger opening without all the plastic.