Dispensing milk faster in cafe service

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
wearashirt

#1: Post by wearashirt »

Hi guys!

I wonder if any of you guys have looked into equipment and/or techniques that aid in dispensing milk faster in a cafe service. We all know that the more hard-pressed a barista is, the more milk is likely to be wasted.

There are some equipment out there that aids in milk dispensation. But then again, you see barista competitors storing pre-measured milk in thermos cans.

I wonder if you have your own equipment or techniques for fast milk dispensation!

AssafL

#2: Post by AssafL »

I am a home user so this is just a wild thought - why not use a dosing peristaltic pump (like used for commercial dishwasher detergent)? They all have NSF versions for food dosing.

Seko is one maker I have at home (for dishwashing, though)...
Scraping away (slowly) at the tyranny of biases and dogma.

Marcelnl

#3: Post by Marcelnl »

I woukd start at analysing tye size of the issue, and then where things go wrong if they do...
What I usually see is that milk is re used if too much is steamed so waste is not that big an issue IMO.
if it is a volumetric doser of some sort might help, a peristaltic pump or even just a measuring cup making baristas only heat up what is needed...which probably only is an issue if the queue is small.
LMWDP #483

tohenk2

#4: Post by tohenk2 »

Marcelnl wrote:What I usually see is that milk is re used if too much is steamed so waste is not that big an issue IMO.
Yep. Re-using the already re-used milk. Pour a little bit in the giga-enourmous jug with already steamed milk and steam away!
Just as good as the coffee I bet. (Some tar used to be on the heated plate all day in the good ol' days.)

Re-used milk is a sure sign - it reads "walk away".

trumz

#5: Post by trumz »

yakster
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by yakster »

-Chris

LMWDP # 272