Starbucks - Introducing Manual Espresso Machines - Page 2

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Beezer

#11: Post by Beezer »

Headala wrote:I'm sure those lever machines will make the most amazing Caramel Frappe Whips! :?
I don't think they mean lever machines when they say "manual machines." Probably what we would call automatic or semi-auto machines. Pretty much what they used to have before they switched to super autos 15 years or so ago.
Lock and load!

cycomachead

#12: Post by cycomachead »

If you are ever in the Seattle area, the Starbucks Reserve Roastery does seem to produce some great coffees, and there are definitely lightly roasted coffees served (and sold) there. I may not have the most discerning palate, but I enjoyed my time there.

It will be interesting to see how much starbucks expands these reserve stores, and by how much they expand their current range of reserve coffee.

Ellejaycafe

#13: Post by Ellejaycafe »

I am not 100% certain but I have seen an article on Sprudge and in the pictures they were using a black eagle. Which makes a lot of sense, it's about as automated as it gets.
LMWDP #544

grog

#14: Post by grog »

We've discussed this countless times here, but Starbucks and Peets are what the majority of the public deem 'good coffee'. And to Tom's point, they do start with high quality coffee (Peet's especially). I've always been surprised that many of my friends who are otherwise pretty adventurous foodies, open to trying obscure wines, etc, recoil at trying a light roast coffee. And don't even suggest trying it black so you can taste the bean. Coffee seems to be in it's own category as 'I don't want to try something weird from Kenya, just give me my dark roast with plenty of cream and sugar'. Usually if I can get someone to try a lighter roast, they tell me it's 'too sweet' as they pour a cup of uber dark char with several ounces of milk.
LMWDP #514