Cleaning Dow 111 off skin - Page 4

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
shawndo (original poster)

#31: Post by shawndo (original poster) »

I find it interesting that something "Food-Grade" can also be toxic in this way
Acute effects of exposure:
Inhalation: No adverse effects are expected under normal use conditions. Inhalation of
mists may cause minor irritation of the mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract.
Ingestion: Ingestion may cause gastrointestinal distress with nausea and diarrhea.
Skin contact: May cause mild irritation.
Eye contact: Contact may cause mild irritation with redness and tearing.
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

TomC
Team HB

#32: Post by TomC »

shawndo wrote:I find it interesting that something "Food-Grade" can also be toxic in this way
The say the same thing about other things like Epsom salts. That's a relatively benign MSDS. I wouldn't do a swan dive into a vat of it, but I wouldn't lose any sleep about getting a tiny dab on my finger, nor make any frantic claims about the difficulty in washing it off.

We're probably just circling around the same points in this thread, so maybe it's time to just let it die.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Kellyk

#33: Post by Kellyk »

Die? OMG...

This is classic interweb.

OldNuc

#34: Post by OldNuc »

If you look the dermal LD50 for a lab rat is 2000mg/kg body weight which is 2gm/kg of the test rat and only 1/2 of the population dies. That is a lot of that grease on your body if the human LD50 is directly equivalent. The major risk is contact dermatitis if you do not wash it off.

HB
Admin

#35: Post by HB »

TomC wrote:We're probably just circling around the same points in this thread, so maybe it's time to just let it die.
I will be happy to oblige. To stave off the worsening case of lastworditus, this thread is locked.
Dan Kehn