Tim Wendelboe's Shop in Oslo - Page 3

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Boldjava (original poster)

#21: Post by Boldjava (original poster) »

Boldjava wrote:Will do. Was late getting into Reykjavik. Flew thru customs to get on flight to Oslo. Can't even say I hsd a cup in Iceland.
On return flights to US, Iceland Air flight was late again into Reykjavik so didn't have time to get upstairs to NORD and have "Iceland" coffee. Did have coffee on Iceland Air flights and it was the best airline coffee I have ever had. Quality beans, a bit diminished by pre-ground, but a cup worth having on a 6-hour flight.
-----
LMWDP #339

max

#22: Post by max »

Flying to and from Oslo, I just left TW for the second time in a week. Having decided to not bring any coffee gear on this trip, the temptation to buy a feldgrind anyway took over. Hence, I could brew his Ethiopian beans with the French press waiting for us at our destination. The beans were excellent and the French press surprised me.

The first visit was great and lived up to the expectations of last year, but at the second, the coffee had a distinctive bitterness in two out of two cups (girlfriend agreed). What might be related is that coffee was squirting out from the sides of the aeropress when they pressed.

All in all, I've been a happy customer two out of three times. The missing one could be misfortune on my side, and won't dissuade me from recommending it to others.

EDIT: A year later, it's now 3 out of 4 times. Just had my best non-espresso experience so far!