[SOLD] Dampa Lusso (Ponte Vecchio Lusso) with accessories

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
wreckfish

#1: Post by wreckfish »

Price reduced to $750.

For sale is a Dampa Lusso. As I understand it, Dampa purchased Sama, and then Ponte Vecchio purchased Dampa. This is the same machine as the Ponte Vecchio Lusso except it does not have the "brain box" and low water sensor that the PV Lusso has. This might be a plus as there have been some complaints about the brain box (there are threads on HB about this). I acquired this Lusso NIB from the Good Coffee Company and used it regularly for about two years. The Lusso shows regular signs of use on the stainless steel drip and cup tray -- small scratches from cups. The Lusso came unbadged -- there are just two small mounting holes on the front and the back for badges and there is a scratch around the mounting holes in the stainless steel. It came with a Ponte Vecchio sticker but I never applied it as it looked too cheap. Also, the group has a deep scratch on the backside -- this is how the unit came to me. The Lusso has some of the fitment issues noted on recent PV Lussos but overall is well built/solid and a pleasure to use.

I've done a number of modifications to the Lusso:
-- Orphan Espresso insulation kit was added around the boiler
-- Replaced the PSTAT with a modern PSTAT (can't recall which one) and mounted it so that the PSTAT adjustment is accessible by removing the cup tray. Typically the PSTAT can only be adjusted on the PV Lusso by removing the body of the machine.
-- Added star shaped steam and water handles. Screw covers will be included (I never installed them).
-- I painted the inside of the case to prevent rust. There are some scratches on the inside of the case, but these have been painted over as well.

Included in the sale are the following accessories:

-- A beautiful Richard Penney tamper, brass head and walnut handle. I love this tamper but don't have another machine that it fits.
-- (2) double baskets
-- (1) single basket
-- Orphan Espresso dosing funnel
-- Orphan Espresso bottomless portafilter (OE made these by cutting the bottom off of an OEM portafilter -- not the most elegant, but works great)
-- Original two spout portafilter

The Lusso has been maintained regularly. I am happy to provide more pictures on request.

Price: $750, paypal fees included
Shipping: Buyer pays shipping, Lusso will be double boxed. Local pickup available.