Manual grinder for daily use! - Page 6

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
vit

#51: Post by vit »

Yes, that's what I did, which made bad espresso grind even worse

Problem is that inner burr consists of 2 parts, there is amount of free play between them and between inner part and axle. You can't get it coaxial with the tape (ok, maybe 1 out of 1000 attempts would be close). So after a while I removed that tape and left the grinder to rely on self centering. Which didn't work well either - axis of the cone was always a bit slanted to the axle and outer burr, so there was bigger gap on one than on the other side, in addition that burrs are not sharp either - which is evident from the fact that burrs are not much smaller than in Feldgrind, but speed is 4x lower - because they are not cutting but crunching the beans

But anyway, everybody is free to waste the time and money on those plastic toys like I did, so this is my last post about that

Nick Name

#52: Post by Nick Name »

Ardijan wrote: Do you know a retailer of Lido E in Europe??
coffeehit.co.uk

Ardijan (original poster)

#53: Post by Ardijan (original poster) »

vit wrote:Yes, that's what I did, which made bad espresso grind even worse

Problem is that inner burr consists of 2 parts, there is amount of free play between them and between inner part and axle. You can't get it coaxial with the tape (ok, maybe 1 out of 1000 attempts would be close). So after a while I removed that tape and left the grinder to rely on self centering. Which didn't work well either - axis of the cone was always a bit slanted to the axle and outer burr, so there was bigger gap on one than on the other side, in addition that burrs are not sharp either - which is evident from the fact that burrs are not much smaller than in Feldgrind, but speed is 4x lower - because they are not cutting but crunching the beans

But anyway, everybody is free to waste the time and money on those plastic toys like I did, so this is my last post about that
Finally I've found Feldgrind available in a shop in Europe.. So excited!! Immediately ordered, now I wait and hope it will be a great grinder :)

#54: Post by Ardijan (original poster) »

vit wrote:For me, setting ability of Feldgrind is good enough, although for those that really like to set exact volume / time, it might not be fine enough. Thread pitch is around 0.8 mm and 1 turn is divided into 14 marks. You can set it with precision say 1/2 of the mark or so

My settings are
- 1 turn from binding point or slightly less: turkish
- 1 turn + mark 2-3 light roasts SO
- 1 turn + mark 4-5 espresso roast SO
- 1 turn + mark 6-7 espresso blend with 50% robusta and slightly shorter extracion time
- 3 turns or more - french press

However, for me way easier to set than Lido 3 - only one screw, instead of a bit awkward 2 rings system
Wich kind of settings I'll Need for pourover Hario V60?

jbviau
Supporter ★

#55: Post by jbviau »

Ardijan, you should really check this thread out over on Coffee Forums UK (might need to register there to view it): http://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.ph ... ifications
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

#56: Post by Ardijan (original poster) »

I've received the Feldgrind!!! Woow! It's so beautiful, smalltalk and easy to use.. I've Never imagined this thing ! My wife find that cute and easy too... Is a pleasure to Grind :)
I have to thank you all of you, especially who has Said me about the Feldgrind.. Thank you :)

#57: Post by Ardijan (original poster) »

My new Feldgrind in action.. With a La Pavoni Puccino, for a great Espresso!

And Hario v60 for the First time, I'm so pleased that this grinder have made discovering pour over method :D

vit

#58: Post by vit »

I'm glad it works for you as it does for me.
What are you settings for espresso? Did you find the right one for pourover (I'm not using that method)

#59: Post by Ardijan (original poster) replying to vit »

I started with 1.6.. But i think was a Little too fast. Then tried with 1.4 and it makes very delicious and balanced Espresso! 30seconds with a La Pavoni Puccino to have a Perfect Espresso :)
But this is for dark or medium roast.
I've tried a light roast and 1.4 was too weak for my taste, I Need to try finer.. Maybe 1.3!

For pourover I tried immediately 2.0 (two full turns from Zero) and for me is Perfect !!! I don't Need to adjust, the coffee is well balanced , not bitter and not sour.. Very cristal and Pleasant taste :)