Looking for Northeast Ohio Coffee Heads! - Page 2

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
new2espresso

#11: Post by new2espresso »

@ask what roasters do you go with? There are a few roasters in cincy, but everyone send to be going for super dark roasts
Kind regards,
Karan

Moxiechef
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by Moxiechef »

Mwilson4040 wrote:Moxie what are the names we just moved to Hudson area we will try them.
Moxie, the Restaurant in Beachwood
Red, the Steakhouse in Beachwood and Downtown Cleveland
Opening soon - 811 Kitchen in Downtown Cleveland

Ask for Jonathan Bennett if you stop in. I may be there but we are opening a restaurant in Indy and Pittsburgh this year as well, so I may be traveling.

Mwilson4040 (original poster)

#13: Post by Mwilson4040 (original poster) »

Will do! Congrats on your success

askurato

#14: Post by askurato »

new2espresso wrote:@ask what roasters do you go with? There are a few roasters in cincy, but everyone send to be going for super dark roasts
Cafe Brioso and One Line Coffee. One line seems to really get into those bright notes. Honestly though I love my counter culture subscription the best. :)

RyanJE

#15: Post by RyanJE »

Moxiechef wrote:Bay Village, OH = Home
I've got restaurants in Beachwood and Downtown Cleveland
Hey, do you own Red and Moxie?

My sister Melissa Wright is the event coordinator for Red... :)
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....

Moxiechef
Supporter ♡

#16: Post by Moxiechef replying to RyanJE »

Yes, I'm one of the owners and Melissa is a super duper awesome lady.

We are lucky to have her as part of the team.

JB

Hoalatha

#17: Post by Hoalatha »

askurato wrote:Cafe Brioso and One Line Coffee. One line seems to really get into those bright notes. Honestly though I love my counter culture subscription the best. :)
Joined because it was time and to say "hi" to the fellow Ohioans. Columbus here, and we're really enjoying trying out the different offerings on the Columbus Coffee Trail.

skittles_s

#18: Post by skittles_s »

Just a reminder that this Columbus area thread exists:
Central Ohio Coffee Shops and Roasters

I haven't updated the first post in a while. Surely something has changed around town?

Scribbles girl

#19: Post by Scribbles girl »

Hey! I have a shop in Kent, Ohio. We started roasting this year and looking to upgrade to a larger roaster. Would love to know what everyone uses and loves. Looking for smaller batches probably around 3kg machines. We only do Organic and Fair-trade. Anyone have a favorite?

9Sbeans

#20: Post by 9Sbeans »

Sweet Maria's Coffee started in Columbus, Ohio.
http://legacy.sweetmarias.com/SM_aboutus.php
I was in Columbus at that time, but didn't aware of Tom's shop. I do know the owners of Stauf's Coffee though. I thought Northeast Ohio was a desert for coffee lover, and thus I home roast.

Scribbles girl, where is your shop? I'm within 20-mins drive to Kent. If you want, your shop could be a regular meet-up place for us poor Ohioans. I do have a nice small commercial roaster, and everyone cares to play with is welcome. :lol: