The craziest %#*$ing thing I've seen all day... - Page 220

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
bobdole2000

#2191: Post by bobdole2000 »

OldNuc wrote:However their website says it is 100% robusta and the company website has a higher credibility than reddit. The rest of their coffees are indeed blends though.

A long tie ago I bought a 100% robusta coffee and it was only good for stripping floor wax and cleaning those USN gray rubber diamond tread floor mats.
I haven't seen anywhere on their website that claims 100 percent robusta. Also I trust reddit when it's the confirmed account of at least someone at the company.

OldNuc

#2192: Post by OldNuc »

Was not Death Wish Site, is this one. http://www.caffeineinformer.com/caffein ... ish-coffee believe what you want but the only way that I know of to obtain that high of a caffeine content is robusta. Three or 4 cups back to back should be close to lethal.

day

#2193: Post by day »

Hehe...I just chatted with them and was told that the percentages of robusta are a trade secret:)
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone

genecounts

#2194: Post by genecounts »

from their ad;
"Ingredients in Death Wish Coffee
Robusta coffee beans

Sugar content: Contains no sugar.

Compare Sugar Content"
Hmmmmmmmm, Could this mean 100% since robusta is the only ingredient listed?

OldNuc

#2195: Post by OldNuc »

That was what I thought based on the caffeine content alone.

TomC
Team HB

#2196: Post by TomC »

You can roast an Indian robusta as a SO, brew it up and not gag. Not going to be very delicious though. But it'll lack the burning tire.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

day

#2197: Post by day »

It seems like it would be but they specifically told me it was a blend of arabica and robusta but that the percentages are a trade secret. Hehe I told them to straighten this out before
Next Sunday:)
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone

OldNuc

#2198: Post by OldNuc »

The Caffeine Informer seems to think it is 100% robusta. At 691 mg for 1 12 oz cup brewed as a pourover at a rather high dose I suspect that it is as it was described by Caffeine Informer. DWC clams "Smooth, never bitter taste with subtle notes of cherry and chocolate." From the comments: "I make this with 1/2 cup of grounds with about 32 oz of water (a big boy sized cup), and it's perfect."

DWC recommended brewing method: "... 2 1/2 tablespoons of finely ground coffee per 6 fl. oz. of water."

wsfarrell

#2199: Post by wsfarrell »

Great marketing, I think:

http://www.deathwishcoffee.com/

Gig103

#2200: Post by Gig103 »

Read this on craigslist. I chuckled and shook my head, then decided to share:

"Starbucks Sirena Espresso Machine, made in Italy by a company called Saeco. This is the best machine on the market for making coffeeshop quality drinks from home"

I should see if he'll take my Quick Mill in a straight swap since it can't be the best machine on the market if he has the best!

Of course, I've also seen smartphones listed "like new" or "mint" that showed a cracked screen. Caveat emptor and all that jazz. :mrgreen: