Bragging Rights Thread: Great Coffee Gear Scores! - Page 22

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
maxbmello

#211: Post by maxbmello »

Before the 2nd gen Pharos came out, I purchased one of the hand built ones from a gentleman who uses this forum for $200, and after talking for a while and hitting it off, threw in a Caravel v1.1 and two vintage box mills. Maybe not the steal of the century, but I was floored with the generosity!

Bodka Coffee

#212: Post by Bodka Coffee »

Not my steal but a shop I am selling coffee to. He bought a 3 group La Marzocco from a failed business. It had apparently been sitting in the owners kitchen. $150...

Gig103

#213: Post by Gig103 replying to Bodka Coffee »

Are those dots where we are supposed to fill in our guess for the rest of the price? ;) :shock:

Bodka Coffee

#214: Post by Bodka Coffee »

:D No. It's where you are sad with me that the lady didn't have two of them for sale. Or something down those lines. 8)

Winkd

#215: Post by Winkd »

Just picked up a black La Peppina 110v, a little bit of a gamble since it doesn't have the power cable or the portafilter handle... The cable I think I can find easily enough from the recommendations on this site, but the portafilter will be another story. For $25 I figured it was worth a try!
Last year I found a scuffed up and filthy but otherwise whole Mazzer Super Jolly manual for around $150, which has been the best (only?) investment into my home espresso kit thus far!

drgary
Team HB

#216: Post by drgary »

David,

Those finds are definitely worth bragging about. Nice intro in the News and Suggestion Box, and welcome to H-B!

New Member Introduction Sub-forum?
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Winkd

#217: Post by Winkd replying to drgary »

Thanks Dr!

TomC (original poster)
Team HB

#218: Post by TomC (original poster) »

It's even better when you don't have to and pick these things up, but instead, get them delivered :) Picked it up for a song. It's in impressive condition, looks like it mainly needs to be cleaned and polished. She's way too heavy and massive for me, so it'll be a restoration project that'll get sold some day.

Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

bmb

#219: Post by bmb »

Today I got a Mythos Plus (2014) in mint condition (apparently with little more than 26 hours use) for $750.
That's very cheap for Brazil, as we pay about 100% overprice in taxes for imported goods, and therefore a new one costs over $5.000
From a small chain of coffee shops (three shops, roastery, training center, catering service, coffee commerce and so on), and this grinder was only occasionally used.
Tried it at the shop : Perfectly clean and wonderful taste !
They decided to use LMs and K30s exclusively, and are getting rid of the equipment that doesn't match their policy.

Compass Coffee

#220: Post by Compass Coffee replying to bmb »

Great score, that's very cheap for anywhere!
Mike McGinness