Show off your barista skills: Latte Art - Page 11

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Hillel

#101: Post by Hillel »

rittem1 wrote:+1. Nice art, Hillel. You are almost single-handedly keeping this thread going. Great to see such art from a fellow LP user
Thank you Rittem! Have you been pulling some nice shots and or making tasty drinks on your LP lately? After having a LP since December, I've really fallen in love with the step by step procedural yet in the moment creative aspect of pulling shots on this lever machine. These machines are less forgiving than others and I find it interesting how one needs to adjust grind and dose as the beans age, at least based on my own experience, or how well one tamps and how that so very directly influences one's shots.

Hillel

#102: Post by Hillel »

Some more wave hearts... Won't stop until I feel like I have them consistently down.

TheJavaCup77

#103: Post by TheJavaCup77 »

Sorry for posting these two images on two threads.. feel free to delete the one on the other thread since it may be a bit OT..

Milk used was non-UHT, fresh whole milk from a local dairy... the cows are consistently fed the same diet in a regular basis..

Rattleware 360ml pitcher + Duralex 200ml Picardie style tumbler... a perfect pair

The ceramic cup is unbranded.. hefty (empty weight round 230g)... a 6 ouncer.. bought from a local cafe
It could be as complex or as simple as you want. It's the choice of the barista.

Hillel

#104: Post by Hillel »

Just messing around on the machine... again.

beta14ok

#105: Post by beta14ok »

My wife ran a series shoot for a photography assignment using my morning routine as subject matter. Here's the latte I drank on that morning.

weebit_nutty

#106: Post by weebit_nutty »

beta14ok wrote:My wife ran a series shoot for a photography assignment using my morning routine as subject matter. Here's the latte I drank on that morning.

<image>
nice! I recognize that tamper.. Forget where I saw it.
You're not always right, but when you're right, you're right, right?

41fivestar

#107: Post by 41fivestar »

Here's one from last week! I love my 5oz NotNeutrals.

Ellejaycafe

#108: Post by Ellejaycafe »

41fivestar wrote:Here's one from last week! I love my 5oz NotNeutrals.<image>
What pitcher do you use for this size beverage? I bought the cafelat .3l pitcher and my machine is just too powerful to produce good microfoam with it. I find the milk rolls on instead of creating a vortex no matter what I do and there's too much separation; I end up with bigger bubbles and the foam plops on the beverage. I can use my 12oz pitcher to get great foam but have to waste a little milk.
LMWDP #544

LukeFlynn (original poster)

#109: Post by LukeFlynn (original poster) »

I'm really glad to see this topic thriving! Nice pours guys!

Just thought I'd add on the topic of pitchers:

I currently use a Rattleware 20oz for lattes, it's a lot easier to get a nice flow when you've got large volume of milk.. (A lot of milk in a small pitcher = less control in my experience).

For capps and gibraltars/cortados, I stick to my EPNW "Barista Basics" 12oz, it's basically the same as the Rattlewares

I've used the motta pitchers, the larger ones are nice for cafes.. I personally dislike pouring from them though.

For ~5oz milk, I use the 12oz.. I do use more milk then I need, and usually have an ounce or two left over.. I'd rather waste a little bit of milk to have a nice texture (priorities, I know).

beta14ok

#110: Post by beta14ok »

weebit_nutty wrote:nice! I recognize that tamper.. Forget where I saw it.
Tamper was made by La Forza. This FB site hasn't seen much activity, but there is a posting on the timeline indicating that they had around 10 handles before Christmas 2015. Not sure if they are still in production.....but you might get lucky if you inquire.