[SOLD] 1968 Olympia Cremina '67 (220v)

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
Ferdi

#1: Post by Ferdi »

Up for sale is my exquisite Olympia Cremina model 67 as I've just madly upgraded to an L1-P. As far as I can tell looking at home barista and coffeeforums this is the most vintage Cremina knocking around: made in 1968 and still going strong. When this was made Neil Armstrong hadn't set foot on the moon yet!

Anyway I bought it in October from a seller who had refurbished it. The heating element was replaced, the boiler and everything was completely descaled and all the boiler gaskets were changed. The group seals were in good condition so these weren't changed and I have a spare set that I'll include in the purchase. The portafilter is a naked type. These are really expensive and normally cost over $150 (mad I know).

The heating element is a UK 220v version and the plug is also UK. On orphan espresso a 110v heating element is only $45 so it would be a cheap change over and the power plug connection is the standard type on lots of electricals like PCs so easy to change if you don't want to use a plug adapter.

The machine has been absolutely fantastic and a real joy to use. You really feel connected to the coffee making process with a manual lever and I find it much more pleasurable than using my Brewtus. Levers are very easy to learn and you will quickly be getting fewer sink shots than on a pump machine.

I have just replaced he handle which finally gave way. The right side panel has a few scratches as you can see in the photos and there are a few other blemishes on it as you might expect from a machine that's nearly 50 years old!

Included also is a motta 49mm tamper.

Price is $1500. I am based in the UK and looking at shipping quotes over to the US is looking like around $65. I will package the machine extremely well and double box it to ensure it remains safe. These things are built like tanks so there shouldn't be much risk of damage.

Thanks for looking,
Alex