[SOLD] '09 Anfim Super Caimano Barista

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
russel

#1: Post by russel »

Anfim Super Caimano Barista
2009, 110v, <1000lbs

Man, I had a whole love letter to this grinder written up and somehow it got lost while trying to cut and paste it.

This is tough sell for me. This grinder has been my trusty espresso making companion for a long time now (for me at least). Long ago I gave in to my desire to understand equipment firsthand and just started buying whatever I could find at a reasonable price to test out. This grinder has outlasted at least a dozen other serious grinders (a Nino, a Kony, an HGOne, a Pharos, a K30, a K8 Fresh, a Max Hybrid) and over a dozen lighter commercial grinder (K6s, SJs, Majors, Minis). For a long time I thought of this grinder as my left hand (I'm left handed). Espresso machines are fun and interesting toys, and I've been lucky enough to enjoy using all sorts of them, but this grinder has been my committed coffee making partner for some time now.

After so much time and such strong feelings, this grinder has finally been replaced by a PEAK. I can go on and on about its virtues, but I'm trying to be brief. This one has under 1000lb on its 75mm titanium coated burrs, and should have at least another 4000lb to go. I could talk about the merits of the Anfim doser at length. I've rebuilt 2 others, and this one has served as my reference for how they should perform. The spring loaded action is fast and tight, the sweep is very clean, and the delivery is straight down into the PF. This is a grind-tamp-and-go grinder if that's your style.

The hopper has been cut down to a total height of 19", hold about 2lbs. The fan has been disabled for home use.

The MAP on these guys is $2275. I'm asking $1100 + shipping in the carefully made box lined with 2" packing foam board that I put together for my recent cross country move.

Price: $1100
Shipping: Local pickup available in Arlington MA, or buyer pays common carrier shipping costs

UPDATE: Extra hopper found. After doing some digging around my attic I've found my extra Super Caimano hopper. I have no idea why I have this, but given that I've had three Super Caimanos, I'll assume that it came with one of them, probably the one from a certain Canadian Anfim distributor. This is a full size hopper, holds 4.5 lbs, and is tinted blue. Comes with the grinder, ships in a separate box.

russel at anacidicandbitterbeverage dot com