Travel Kits when visiting family - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
dominico
Team HB

#11: Post by dominico »

drgary wrote: The Bonavita was bought used for $115, the Baratza Virtuoso was bought used for $100. Those are low prices for that gear and I didn't have to keep the pleasure of good coffee to myself or just a few.
I once brought two Pavoni's and a Baratza Vario to a house party (complete with 7 Elektra baskets), I was able to serve espresso for pretty much everybody at the party with that setup. Granted it cost a bit more than $215 for the gear.
https://bit.ly/3N1bhPR
Il caffè è un piacere, se non è buono che piacere è?

Beanz

#12: Post by Beanz »

My travel kit has been made up using a Portapresso Rossa PG Air Espresso (Aluminium) coupled with a Knock Hausgrind grinder.
All I need is a boiling jug if in a hotel room or a gas stove and billy when camping or on road trips.
The pressure is provided by an air cylinder that is pumped up by hand using a bike shock pump, this allows 9 Bar extractions. The pressure control valve allows me to control pre-infusion pressure and time and then extraction pressure and time. Pressure is monitored on the gauge. I have more control over these parameters with this kit than the E61 sitting on the bench at home.
I might add that I use the Rossa every day at home for my morning shot before work and often when I first get home as it is quick and produces sensational shots every time. It is also easy to clean up

Beanz

#13: Post by Beanz »

spressomon wrote:In a hotel room in Independence California this morning. This is my go to mobile espresso travel kit...
Dan what brand is the grinder in your photo ?

spressomon

#14: Post by spressomon »

Mahlgut Grist MG-1...made in Germany.

See Group Buy in Buy/Sell if interested...
No Espresso = Depresso

drgary
Team HB

#15: Post by drgary »

dominico wrote:I once brought two Pavoni's and a Baratza Vario to a house party (complete with 7 Elektra baskets), I was able to serve espresso for pretty much everybody at the party with that setup. Granted it cost a bit more than $215 for the gear.
That would work, but it's a trade off. The Bonavita's a very fast and easy brewer. The pleasure of that setup is I wasn't occupied for long with barista duties.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

CoffeeBar

#16: Post by CoffeeBar »

spressomon wrote:Mahlgut Grist MG-1...made in Germany.

+1 :twisted: