Elektra Microcasa a Leva and Olympia Cremina groups interchangeable?

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
redpig

#1: Post by redpig »

Would anyone happen to know if the Mcal group and the Cremina group have a similar bolt/connection layout?

Thanks!
LMWDP #411

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#2: Post by pizzaman383 »

From looking at the group gaskets I believe that they are as is the La Graziella group.
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

redpig (original poster)

#3: Post by redpig (original poster) »

Thanks! (I'm considering a less ambition lever project than your DIY dipper!)
LMWDP #411

aecletec

#4: Post by aecletec »

If you can get parts, this frankenlever sounds pretty neat... love to hear the results!

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#5: Post by pizzaman383 »

redpig wrote:Thanks! (I'm considering a less ambition lever project than your DIY dipper!)
Before I found the CMA group I was strongly considering finding an Elektra group to put on my Graziella boiler.
Curtis
LMWDP #551

redpig (original poster)

#6: Post by redpig (original poster) replying to pizzaman383 »

That would've been a sight!

I'm considering the opposite: putting a manual group (la graz, cremina) on a PV Lusso/Bezzera Family/etc TS loop machine. It'd be cool to have a manual lever that is easier on the temp management side while still being able to steam, though I'm not sure yet how soon I'll be able to actually try it out. :/ (Of course, a lusso two group could have a spring group and manual group in one place if the temps worked out!)
LMWDP #411

sorrentinacoffee

#7: Post by sorrentinacoffee »

I have mounted a 49mm Sama group onto my Lusso- so I had the original 45mm group alongside the Sama (Mcal) 49mm.

Assuming the bolt holes are in the same positions- the only Club machine I can think of that could easily accept a manual cremina group is the dual group lusso. The others: single group, sama, bezzera- all have a different type of connection to the boiler- the thermosyphon tubes mate directly with two brass fittings that are screwed into the rear of the group head. Only the dual group lusso has group heads with flat backs and a large seal (as the cremina group has)- the other club machines would require difficult modifications.

I could actually test this theory if I had the time as I have the cremina group and the dual lusso... 8)
If you badger me me I might just be persuaded...

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#8: Post by pizzaman383 »

redpig wrote:I'm considering the opposite: putting a manual group (la graz, cremina) on a PV Lusso/Bezzera Family/etc TS loop machine. It'd be cool to have a manual lever that is easier on the temp management side while still being able to steam, though I'm not sure yet how soon I'll be able to actually try it out. :/ (Of course, a lusso two group could have a spring group and manual group in one place if the temps worked out!)
I have a La Graziella group that's just sitting in my basement. :D
Curtis
LMWDP #551

redpig (original poster)

#9: Post by redpig (original poster) »

sorrentinacoffee wrote:I could actually test this theory if I had the time as I have the cremina group and the dual lusso... 8)

If you badger me me I might just be persuaded...
What would it take? :) It was your posts about swapping in the Bezzera Family Club group onto the Lusso that led me down this path!
pizzaman383 wrote:I have a La Graziella group that's just sitting in my basement. :D
Ooh.
LMWDP #411

sorrentinacoffee

#10: Post by sorrentinacoffee »

by eye- it looks as if the holes are equally spaced from Ponte Vecchio to Cremina (30mm?). However the overall mount is smaller on the Cremina- and I am not sure if it will seal against the PV dual lusso group thermosyphon 'mounting board'. I am super busy at the moment and just don't have time to test.