Alcoholic coffee drinks - Page 3

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
rpavlis

#21: Post by rpavlis »

Another approach is to cold brew coarse ground coffee using vodka. After letting the mixture sit a couple of days, you can filter off the grounds and sweeten it. You can use sugar, xylitol, or artificial sweetener. However, best tasting is carmelised sugar. Melt the desired amount of sugar in a heavy heat conducting saucepan to prevent burning. (Copper or heavy clad aluminium pans are best.) Heat the sugar to prevent burning and stir constantly and when just melted let cool. It will solidify again, and you can break it up and put it into the brew to taste.

interseismic

#22: Post by interseismic »

My favorite is to mix espresso with Sambuca. I think it's a fantastic combination.

jaredw

#23: Post by jaredw »

If you can get your self down to australia. http://mrblack.co/ is actually really tasty as a coffee drink. Serious about their coffee as well. They just bought a roaster for their place. Not in anyway affiliated just a fan.

Marcelnl

#24: Post by Marcelnl replying to jaredw »

I'm sure I'd need a stiff drink after that trip, the last time (and only time in Australia) I travelled to Sydney for a three day business trip and didn't see much of the city or any bar so I may have to get down under for some leisure trip at some point...if only the fligjht would be shorter...
LMWDP #483

jaredw

#25: Post by jaredw »

That is a shame!
Marcelnl wrote:I'm sure I'd need a stiff drink after that trip, the last time (and only time in Australia) I travelled to Sydney for a three day business trip and didn't see much of the city or any bar so I may have to get down under for some leisure trip at some point...if only the fligjht would be shorter...
That is a shame. Certainly a lovely city with a strong coffee history.
I do the Sydney -> LA flight multiple times a year. You are correct on the requirement of the stiff drink.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#26: Post by yakster »

I've pulled hot shots with alchohol in my DeLonghi (search the craziest thing thread) and cold shots in the MyPressi Twist, but prefer extracting ground coffee in spirits overnight.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Marcelnl

#27: Post by Marcelnl »

Guess I'll try cold infusion then, this years batch of limoncello is just past stage ...now have to be patient for a week or two until it's ready and then I'll start some coffe infusion in alcohol :P
LMWDP #483

toyman

#28: Post by toyman »

I make espresso martini's during the holidays (and sometimes anytime :mrgreen: ) Simple recipe 1:1:1, espresso, vodka and Kahlua. Pull 2 doubles, add to jigger filled with ice then liquor(s), shake and strain into martini glasses. We enjoy them very much.

SJM

#29: Post by SJM »

The turkey is in the oven so I just made this
http://ineedcoffee.com/the-best-irish-c ... the-world/

and it is delicious :-)))))

baldheadracing
Team HB

#30: Post by baldheadracing »

https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/an ... esn-t-suck

Espresso martini recipe courtesy James Hoffmann via Chefsteps.

Reminder: Chefsteps are the people who said Xanthan gum was good with coffee. (I was a sucker on that one.) However, with the amount of alcohol in this drink, you'll probably enjoy it regardless of what it actually tastes like.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada