PSA: 49th Parallel now offering free shipping over $65 to Canada and USA indefinitely - Page 3

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
mixedup

#21: Post by mixedup »

Well....who would have guessed that Canada Post delivers on Sundays! I had literally just posted that comment and there was a knock at the door. 2 bags of Epic roasted on the 16th. So....JUST under 1 week using the free shipping.

Bob_McBob (original poster)

#22: Post by Bob_McBob (original poster) »

They ship by Canada Post Expedited Parcel for the free shipping, which unfortunately means it's a bit of a toss up whether it arrives on the Friday or Monday in Ontario. I freeze everything the day it arrives and usually don't have any issues. I'm equally frustrated I can get coffee from Square Mile faster than I can get it from Vancouver by what should be a much faster method, but that's a problem with Canada Post. I assume it's more feasible in terms of cost than a courier ground service which would definitely arrive before the weekend. Phil & Sebastien ship subscriptions by FedEx Ground, but frustratingly on Thursdays so they take an extra 2 days to arrive.

Canada Post always delivers parcels on Sundays at the end of the year because of Christmas volume. It is certainly novel having weekend delivery :)
Chris

mfogliet

#23: Post by mfogliet »

mixedup wrote:Well....who would have guessed that Canada Post delivers on Sundays! I had literally just posted that comment and there was a knock at the door. 2 bags of Epic roasted on the 16th. So....JUST under 1 week using the free shipping.
Are you planning to follow the recommended 7 bars of pressure for Epic? I tried the lower pressure on Old School and found it much better. My Epic bag is in the freezer but I will try it at 7 bar as well.