Shipping company appears to have lost my Sweet Maria's order

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
walt_in_hawaii

#1: Post by walt_in_hawaii »

I am now on week 3 after ordering it online, and still waiting by the phone, twiddling my thumbs. Feel like I was supposed to be picked up for the prom and my date never showed. I've sent them a query asking into the order... but you'd think after spending $162 on a 19# order (give or take), you'd get something after 3 weeks??

Has anyone else had this kind of problem with them?

Bodka Coffee

#2: Post by Bodka Coffee »

Well it may be that usps lost your order. Ordering from the shrub side takes awhile sometime too but never this long. At least not for me.

leon

#3: Post by leon »

Maybe the quarantine guys got their hands on it?

TomC
Team HB

#4: Post by TomC »

Walt, you've written that you're sitting by the phone, but you didn't say if you've called them on your own volition. I know there's been "issues" with shipping green coffee to Hawaii before. Some get in just fine. Bear it out and I'm sure they'll take care of you one way or another, but please keep in mind, the forums are to be used as a last resort for customer complaints about vendors.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

walt_in_hawaii (original poster)

#5: Post by walt_in_hawaii (original poster) »

Thanks Tom. I wasn't using the forum as a last anything, I would probably use my credit card or paypal for that rather than taking it to any forum. That's what they are there for, after all. A forum is not a financial instrument. I was just fishing to see if it had happened to others. OK, maybe I was venting a little :) But hey, I like to fish.

I contacted them and they sent me a link to a UPS tracking thingy which I couldn't open and can't read because I don't have an account with UPS. But they said that the order 'never moved' .... I think this means a box was prepped, left their store, but no tracking data showed up at all, so it looks like it never left the state. I think that means UPS is drinking it :) But, I never got it so they are going to re-send. Today is October 2nd. The original order was placed Sept 18. If a replacement is received I will update the thread...

#6: Post by walt_in_hawaii (original poster) »

Oh, the phone I was sitting next to is a rhetorical one, by the way....
hmm, wonder if that means my impatience should also be rhetorical? not sure :) Actually I don't own a phone (I'm sure I'm the last guy on the planet without one)

OldNuc

#7: Post by OldNuc »

You can create a tracking account on USPS, FedEx, and UPS for no cost and then you can track your orders properly and see when they do not move. When that happens in most cases it is the shipper who must jar them loose.

#8: Post by walt_in_hawaii (original poster) »

Order has arrived today. Sweet Maria's upgraded me to 2nd day UPS at no cost due to the lost first order. Note first order (the lost one) was placed Sept 18th and replacement order placed with them October 2. The order arrived today, October 7th. (to be fair, I'm in Hawaii, where we don't get 2nd day anything, and there was a weekend in between)

Looks like I'm roasting tonight!