Converting Kalita 155 brew recipes to work on 185 - Page 2

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
Arpi

#11: Post by Arpi »

To use lower doses with the 185, the holes could be plugged from the inside with pieces of filter or thick toothpicks.

SonVolt

#12: Post by SonVolt »

RyanJE wrote:OK, so on the topic of the 155. The PRIMA review by Collin states that the ideal ratio is about 24 grams of coffee and 450ML water. A ratio of 18.75.

Wow, that seems like a bit too much water. I'm following Stumptown's ratio of 22 grams of coffee for 300ML water.

RyanJE

#13: Post by RyanJE »

SonVolt wrote:Wow, that seems like a bit too much water. I'm following Stumptown's ratio of 22 grams of coffee for 300ML water.
Actually had a decent brew with 25g and 440ml. However, didn't have my flow restrict or yet so it was hard to control the pour
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....

weebit_nutty

#14: Post by weebit_nutty »

Different roasts call for different recipes. There is no standard quantity per gram of coffee. (eg. More water for darker roasts, and less water for lighter roasts). Blue brew ratio for their Three Africans is 30/350, for their specific grind setting. My Forte is configured with ceramic burrs at the moment and has a bit more fines than steel burrs, so I do 30/400, while brewing with slightly cooler at 194F.
You're not always right, but when you're right, you're right, right?