Fair market price of used Rancilio Z9 Lever

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
knockbox

#1: Post by knockbox »

I am interested in purchasing a Rancilio Z9 Lever pull machine 70's - 80's vintage. Are they held in high regard and what would a fair market price be for one in good working condition. Apologizes if I have posted this in the wrong place.

dhb

#2: Post by dhb »

That always depends on condition and how many groupheads. The one groups are these days a bit more expensive. I sold my one group z9 freshly powdercoated in working codition for 800€. Later this year I bought a 2group machine for 700€. Remembers me that it still sits somewhere in my garage ane waits to be overhauled :roll: That are european prices.....

I had the Z9/LE running for a couple of years and it was alot of fun, doesn't cause me any headaches. I only sold it cause I had the option to buy that 2 group with gas/electric heater.
Dirk
LMWDP #430

Espresso is simple, just not easy.

knockbox (original poster)

#3: Post by knockbox (original poster) »

Thanks for the reply. Yes it would be a single group machine. There aren't many examples for sale to gauge what market value is

Almico

#4: Post by Almico »

Mind if I tag along on this thread? I'm looking at a Rancilio Z11 LE 2-group and would also like to know what it is worth.

Prior to be removed from service and being replaced by a super-auto something or other, it had been serviced twice yearly and once again before being offered for sale. They're asking $1500.

I might want to use it mobile. Does anyone know if it can be converted to gas or where I can go to find out? I believe the Z11 was offered with gas as an option.

jmc

#5: Post by jmc »

I assume you are looking at the one on ebay.au.
If so, the person / organisation who restored it is one of the most respected restorers around the industry.
So I would think that price fair given they are the restorer.

I have no business dealings or affiliation with them.
John

knockbox (original poster)

#6: Post by knockbox (original poster) »

If it's the orange/yellow and brown unit you refer to, then no that is not the one, although I feel the price is on the high side, nice looking lever all the same and maybe if the price was lower I could be tempted

dhb

#7: Post by dhb »

Almico wrote:Mind if I tag along on this thread? I'm looking at a Rancilio Z11 LE 2-group and would also like to know what it is worth.

Prior to be removed from service and being replaced by a super-auto something or other, it had been serviced twice yearly and once again before being offered for sale. They're asking $1500.

I might want to use it mobile. Does anyone know if it can be converted to gas or where I can go to find out? I believe the Z11 was offered with gas as an option.
Yes, gas was an option. I guess they are around 1000 +/- 250$ but on old machines, it always depends on condition, options (Cupwarmer, Gas), last year on ebay someone sold a Z8 2grp LE with gas for 1200$ in SF, which needs restauration.
Gas can be retrofitted https://www.espressomachinendoctor.de/ ... 16492.html , but IMHO you'll be better off with buying one which already has a gas option installed.
Dirk
LMWDP #430

Espresso is simple, just not easy.

zrieser

#8: Post by zrieser »

For those interested in the Z11 this just popped up on Craigslist in my area. Thought I would share... I have no affiliation or knowledge but figured someone might be interested.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bfs/5259630790.html

phillip canuck

#9: Post by phillip canuck replying to zrieser »

Speaking of market value - that one has been for sale for months.