Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 318

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Espresso_Monkey

#3171: Post by Espresso_Monkey »

vberch wrote:Upstairs: Mazzer Robur, Faema Lambro and Faema Faemina upstairs:
Vlad, is that Cyrus gear on the bottom shelf?

SonVolt

#3172: Post by SonVolt »

vberch wrote:John, you develop a muscle memory and know when to move your head, so you don't take out a speaker :).

Love the theater setup btw. We're in the middle of converting a spare guest room into a home theater right now. Only thing missing will be an espresso machine. The wife wants a pop corn machine, that may change soon :twisted:

vberch

#3173: Post by vberch »

Hi Raymond, no it's not Cyrus. I wish! This is a Technics SB-HD505: http://www.amazon.com/Technics-Executiv ... op?ie=UTF8 from around 1999. It is a decent mid-fi micro system with an optional source input, so you can plug in your phone, mp3 player, etc. I am not using it to critically listen to music :).

vberch

#3174: Post by vberch »

John, your HT room looks like million bucks already! Very nicely done.
SonVolt wrote:Love the theater setup btw. We're in the middle of converting a spare guest room into a home theater right now. Only thing missing will be an espresso machine. The wife wants a pop corn machine, that may change soon :twisted:

<image>

neutro

#3175: Post by neutro »

SonVolt wrote:We're in the middle of converting a spare guest room into a home theater right now. Only thing missing will be an espresso machine.
Nice HT's guys! I hope to be able to do the same one day with some reno work downstairs. However we should probably head to AVSForum for home theater discussions ;) Espresso and popcorn are nice but don't neglect subwoofage in there.

TheJavaCup77

#3176: Post by TheJavaCup77 »

Miss's Brevvy and a yet to arrive, Mazzer SJ-E...

Anyways.. i have a a TCA-5 syphon, V60 01-03 drippers and servers, a nice woodneck, a Aeropress with Able disk, Moka pot, French Press and thats about it for filter...

Having some killer time with it! 8)

I don't really need a machine to last me long.. it just needs 3.5-5 years of service and i will just get another machine and keep this for display... for now i focus on extraction performance.. stable temp and pressure during shot... and also great microfoam with the tip design+steam boiler temp+steam pressure..

Haha.. I'm happy with the Nissan GTR of espresso machines.. :P
It could be as complex or as simple as you want. It's the choice of the barista.

Randy G.

#3177: Post by Randy G. »

SonVolt wrote:Love the theater setup btw. We're in the middle of converting a spare guest room into a home theater right now. Only thing missing will be an espresso machine. The wife wants a pop corn machine, that may change soon..
Should be easy to find a new wife with all the folks who seem to be switching theirs these days.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

JonF

#3178: Post by JonF »

TheJavaCup77 wrote:<image>

Miss's Brevvy and a yet to arrive, Mazzer SJ-E...

Anyways.. i have a a TCA-5 syphon, V60 01-03 drippers and servers, a nice woodneck, a Aeropress with Able disk, Moka pot, French Press and thats about it for filter...

Having some killer time with it! 8)

I don't really need a machine to last me long.. it just needs 3.5-5 years of service and i will just get another machine and keep this for display... for now i focus on extraction performance.. stable temp and pressure during shot... and also great microfoam with the tip design+steam boiler temp+steam pressure..

Haha.. I'm happy with the Nissan GTR of espresso machines.. :P
Nice collection, and Brevvy looks great in red! (Like the apt GTR reference too!)

TheJavaCup77

#3179: Post by TheJavaCup77 replying to JonF »

Thanks... the GTR reference was due to it reaching supercar performance without the usual supercar pricetag (heck the GTR costs way less than a 458 and beats it with a 0-60 of 2.9 seconds.... vs the 458 clocking in at 0-60 with 3.4 seconds!) a great vehicular analogy for the Breville 900
It could be as complex or as simple as you want. It's the choice of the barista.

Uldall

#3180: Post by Uldall »

This is what it looks like in Denmark.

/Uldall
Bassethound.
Coffee Driven.