Missing 'E' on Izzo Alex Duetto logo

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
IntrepidQ3

#1: Post by IntrepidQ3 »

:shock: so after cleaning the exterior of my new machine I noticed that the letter 'E' from the duetto logo is missing. The sticky letter must have fell off at some point.

It's not a big deal for me, but as I have only had it for 3 days, I would like to replace it. Does anyone know where to get a replacement letter that will blend in?
"As you know, an explorer's temperament requires two basic qualities: optimism in attempt, criticism in work."-Freud

Randy G.

#2: Post by Randy G. »

Maybe find a logo like this (but higher resolution) and make your own...?
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

IntrepidQ3 (original poster)

#3: Post by IntrepidQ3 (original poster) »

Not a bad idea. Would just need to find a similar metallic sticker material.
"As you know, an explorer's temperament requires two basic qualities: optimism in attempt, criticism in work."-Freud

Bluecold

#4: Post by Bluecold »

Better leave it as is. It won't be long before a local pastry maker sues them and force Izzo to stop using the Duetto name.
LMWDP #232
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

Gaius

#5: Post by Gaius »

I really love the machine and f.... hate the fact that they were saving couple of euros on nice engraved metal plate that should be there instead of stickers. Duetto II had at least one large sticker that wasn't moving around like this letters are on the duetto 3.

I have already messed up the brew boiler sticker (next to the red light) and removed the whole sticker with acetone.

I have even written to is alex group with sticker questions and its been almost an month or so and they haven't replayed :D

#6: Post by IntrepidQ3 (original poster) »

I really enjoy this machine too. It's frustrating that I paid this much a sticker fell off.

I am a construction superintendent. Every once in awhile I need to put up my companys sign outside in front of my jobsite. It's a large sign tacked to two 4"x4" that get buried in the dirt, nothing complex. First time I did this, my project manager told me, 'Make sure the sign is straight and level. If we can not install a simple sign correctly how will anyone trust us to build anything else for them?.'

These words popped in my mind when I saw that missing 'E' and i laughed to myself. The duetto is running amazing and I love it, but I am waiting to see what falls off next...

Gaius

#7: Post by Gaius »

Good news, not really actually :)

I got a replay from Izzo Alex and it goes like this:

Dear Customer,

thank you for your email.

About the stickers or all the other requests of parts you may need in the future, you should turn to the distributor where you purchased the machine. I think you understand that we cannot sell directly to private people, and that is the reason why we have distributors in other countries.

So basically nothing

sweaner

#8: Post by sweaner »

Sell it to you? They should stick one in an envelope and mail it. Done.
Scott
LMWDP #248

#9: Post by IntrepidQ3 (original poster) replying to sweaner »

Agreed it is probably a .05 cent or less sticker. :roll:

I got mine from CC, I doubt he has spare stickers laying around.

Gaius

#10: Post by Gaius replying to IntrepidQ3 »

You know what, i just replayed the exact same thing, that i am deeply disappointed with their service upon paying a lot for their not so well known machine and they cannot put a pair of stickers in the envelope its utter idiotically