Some Artisan (9.7) + TC4 problems

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
BarryR

#1: Post by BarryR »

I'm having 3 issues with Artisan. Two of which seemed to begin when I started using a Dell XPS 13" 4K laptop.
As you see below, it doesn't format right. Words (like "reset") don't fit on the buttons and some of the print appears way too small (including temp displays though the "LCD" display sort of solves that last issue).
This issue isn't huge, but it's a minor nuisance (especially since I'm now mildly presbyopic).

The 2nd issue is that the alrams don't list in the correct order. This is a huge nuisance when trying to adjust the profile -- it makes my brain hurt.
Also, the formatting is weird, the check boxes are tiny and when I first open the alarm page, the columns are all sized wrong and I have to expand them to see what's in them (see next two pics).

Before adjusting columns:

After adjusting columns:

Likewise, the formatting is messed up in other places like in the properties box:

I'd assumed some of this has to do with the high resolution screen but changing to regular resolution accomplishes nothing, so it may be the small screen. PS: I tried the windows adjustment to "change the size of all items" but that didn't help.

The last (and most minor) issue is that when I open the roast files from my laptop on my desktop PC, the alarms are all gone so I can't edit them on my desktop (to set up the profile for the next roast of this bean). Does this have something to do with how it's configured?

By the way: I'm running Windows 10 on the laptop but the problem was the same when it had 8.1 on it.
Any suggestions / solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

JK

#2: Post by JK »

TOOLS>EXTRAS>UI>Resolution
Lower the resolution number and click SET
This adjusts the size of fonts in the User Interface..

Not sure if it will help with your issue but worth a try...
-----------------------------
I'm on a Mission from God!

Advertisement
edtbjon

#3: Post by edtbjon »

Is Artisan the only application with these problems? If so, the problem is in Artisan. But what comes to mind is that you may have set the font-size in Windows to larger (or possibly smaller) than default. I've had similar problems when increasing the font size in Windows.

JK

#4: Post by JK »

I've never found changing the font size in windows more than 5-10% to work well with all the other programs well..

I do always use CTRL + or - to adjust the browser bigger or small always..

I always run my monitors at max resolution..

BarryR (original poster)

#5: Post by BarryR (original poster) »

I'd tried the Extras - resolution thing but went to 200. I actually don't see a difference with this set at 50, 100 or 200.

Changing the windows display setting actually corrects the formatting problems (words not fitting no buttons, columns too narrow, etc) but makes everything too tiny (such as menus and desktop icons).

JK

#6: Post by JK »

Did you click SET after changes?
This setting will change your font size in the Artisan graph and temps and times.. Maybe 100% is the smallest and only gets larger..

I took a good look last night at your graph and the UI looks to be normal sized and I'd make them larger in fact..

I think your issue is the windows GUI settings.. Your Menu is fonts are over sized not the graph window..
You may have to uninstall Artisan and reinstall with the font size set smaller in windows...
I think I remember some appz keeping the installed setting..

I use to mess with Win95 GUI a lot but things a fuzzy from back then..

BarryR (original poster)

#7: Post by BarryR (original poster) »

What about the weird sort order for alarms?
Does this happen to anyone/everyone else?

If I open it in Windows the orders wrong (10-19 comes before 2-9).
Clicking on Nr to sort it doesn't solve the problem.

If I open the file on my Mac, it's correct but if I click on Nr, it messes up the order.

A few Artisans ago, I did not have this problem.

Advertisement
ajf

#8: Post by ajf »

BarryR wrote:What about the weird sort order for alarms?
Does this happen to anyone/everyone else?
I cannot speak for anybody else, but the alarm numbering is totally screwed up on my copy. (9.7 - Windows 7)

Alan