Madebyknock: Feldgrind 1.1 - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Bob_McBob

#21: Post by Bob_McBob »

Has anyone replaced the gaskets on their Feldgrind? The one the catch cup sits against tore off, and I don't know where I would find a replacement.
Chris

jbviau
Supporter ★

#22: Post by jbviau »

If you don't get any replies, I probably have an extra or two lying around. Will check tomorrow.
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

Advertisement
Bob_McBob

#23: Post by Bob_McBob »

I'm talking about the large central o-ring rather than the smaller one that sits inside the catch cup, but I think I should probably order spares for both. The original Feldgrind came with an extra small one, but the black 1.1 version didn't. I'll see if I can get the official specs out of Peter by some miracle.
Chris

leon

#24: Post by leon »

Please let us know if you do.

OldNuc

#25: Post by OldNuc »

Measure it up and order a bag of them it will be quicker. It is either inch or metric http://www.mcmaster.com/#o-rings/=ycp8s6

rittem1

#26: Post by rittem1 replying to OldNuc »

+1
LMWDP #517

Bob_McBob

#27: Post by Bob_McBob »

OldNuc wrote:Measure it up and order a bag of them it will be quicker. It is either inch or metric http://www.mcmaster.com/#o-rings/=ycp8s6
The central o-ring has a piece torn off, so I can't measure the outer diameter myself. McMaster-Carr still refuses to ship to Canada, but I may be able to get them from somewhere like Fastenal.
Chris

Advertisement
OldNuc

#28: Post by OldNuc »

Fastenal should also have them.

Thom MacMillan

#29: Post by Thom MacMillan »

Received my Feldfarb last week and looking past a few quirks I'm pretty pleased with it. However, at 2 revolutions (past first zero) I'm having a problem with the handle flying off. I can't turn the handle more than one or two times before the handle slides off. On my grinder this is the French press range, and ideally I'd like to use that. Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggested workarounds?

I'm also curious if I can remove the axle and inner burr by continuing to loosen it without affecting the alignment of the grinder. I like to brush off the coffee dust from the burrs once in a while.

Thom MacMillan

#30: Post by Thom MacMillan »

I think I found the source of the issue. Is it just me, or does the protruding part of the axel seem a lot shorter than on other Feldgrinds?

One revolution from zero:

Two revolutions from zero: