Coffee and protein?

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
cmin

#1: Post by cmin »

Wondering if anyone else does this lol. For my workout/lift days I'll make a coffee protein shake. I'll just make a double shot, with a cup of milk, and pour into my blender cup (ninja piece that is the cup and blade you screw on so its sealed and milk doesn't go bad). Generally leave in the fridge so its fully chilled for next morning. I use a unflavored whey from myprotein and put a scoop in and blend up with some ice. Damn good. My morning go to, that way I get my preworkout shake and coffee same time :mrgreen: . I've tried a lot of mocha/coffee flavored protein and some are decent, but not near as good as doing it this way. I've tried doing it with cold brew and couldn't get it right, would taste either weird or bad to me, espresso just has the "punch" to its flavor.

entropy4money

#2: Post by entropy4money »

I am a weight lifter, and often have a double espresso before gym. If my extraction is bad and I don't like the shot (I am very picky) I dump it in my protein shake. tastes great!! haha

EvanOz85

#3: Post by EvanOz85 »

I also do this from time to time if I have a really chocolatey bean that works well with milk.

jodaboda

#4: Post by jodaboda »

entropy4money wrote:I am a weight lifter, and often have a double espresso before gym. If my extraction is bad and I don't like the shot (I am very picky) I dump it in my protein shake. tastes great!! haha
i do exactly that-- with chocolate or vanilla flavored protein. so good!