Aillio Bullet R1 roasting machine - Page 9

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Paul12644

#81: Post by Paul12644 »

If Aillio were within 90 days of first shipment to end users, they would certainly know it and be able to publish that information. When they remove the pre-order pricing from availability and increase the prices for general production machines, at that time it would seem reasonable to add 90 days from that date to the first shipment date. Just a guess on my part.

HK Reefer

#82: Post by HK Reefer »

Here is the message that I received a couple days ago from them.

"I can not promise you anything regarding the date since we process the orders on a first come first serve.
Once we finish pre orders some time soon we will make the list.

We do not yet have any photo from the production, but we will make this available in the coming month."

It seems the production of the roaster have been delayed and I love to see some production photos. :(

Advertisement
gamehawker

#83: Post by gamehawker replying to HK Reefer »

I saw these production photos of the Aillio Bullet R1 Roasting Machine on Alllio's Facebook account:

https://www.facebook.com/AillioOfficial ... =1&theater

benpiff

#84: Post by benpiff »

Awesome, thanks for posting.

Paul_Pratt

#85: Post by Paul_Pratt »

Markant wrote:Liked this from day one. But it looked almost too good to be true ... still doubting pre-ordering, the post of Paul Pratt (#65, this thread) put me off for sure: still today, on "LinkedIn" Jonas Lillie claims more than he should: for me it brands him as unreliable. YMMV.

----------
Marketing Strategies
Cafelat
January 2011 - January 2012 (1 year 1 month)
Rebranding Cafelat
Design DNA
Website
All related Photography
Packaging Concept
Pricing
Placement
----------

Thanks for noticing, seems many did not and pre-ordered the development of this thing.

benpiff

#86: Post by benpiff »

Hi guys, FYI I received a call from Jonas a few nights ago. He told me they were having to refund the Paypal pre-orders, because it wasn't allowing them to use the funds as the products had not shipped (defeating the purpose of the pre-order and they have big parts orders happening now). For those that want to keep their spot in line, they're being asked to re-order through the Aillio site. But the initial excitement from back at the SCAA booth has now worn off, my relationship to roasting (and my roasting goals) have changed a bit since starting a new job in coffee, and I'm feeling more cautious about this untested product. At first I thought I couldn't afford to not, but now it feels like quite an expensive toy with a very risky pre-order policy (full down and non-refundable).

Although I want more control over my roasts and batch sizes, I think I'll play it safe and stick with my Sonofresco, and experiment more with the profiling.

johnny4lsu

#87: Post by johnny4lsu »

Now you're talking. Wise move in my opinion. It may end up being great though.

Advertisement
ds

#88: Post by ds »

I don't know, if you ask me PayPal has it right. You get the money when you deliver the product. You have money locked in right there, but it will not be released until you deliver. Alternative is Kickstarter... They could get short term business loan if they just needed funds to ramp up production, but then the business loans require collateral and some history so...

fusspot

#89: Post by fusspot »

I received the same call from Jonas regarding the issue w/ Paypal. I am considering ordering through their new merchant, but just hope they can deliver late Sep.

gamehawker

#90: Post by gamehawker replying to fusspot »

Not looking good for being delivered in late September.