MadeByKnock: Feldwood

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
murse

#1: Post by murse »

Feast your eyes on this beauty.

Enjoy my "unraveling" process in pictures.

Gotta run.

Expect more pictures plus cupping info.

Also, I plan on performing some grind comparisons versus the Lido 2 shortly.

-Brian

dtyson

#2: Post by dtyson »

Thanks for the pics! Looking forward to more. It's a beauty alright.

I'm curious as to how long from ordering to delivery. Did MBK communicate at all?

peacecup

#3: Post by peacecup »

That really is lovely. Hand-turned walnut - the knob alone will make your coffee experience richer, I guarantee.

I've got more that 20 kg through my beech hausgrind and it just keeps getting better. I use it daily for all my espresso at home. It makes great espresso and the aesthetic experience is sublime.

Keep us posted!

PC
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."

rittem1

#4: Post by rittem1 »

dtyson wrote:Thanks for the pics! Looking forward to more. It's a beauty alright.

I'm curious as to how long from ordering to delivery. Did MBK communicate at all?
A quick forum search will answer your question about communication and potential shipping issues. You could also check your mailbox for greater detail. The best way to get your hands on one is to keep a close eye on the MadeByKnock Instagram page. Check it all hours of the day as it is on Scotland time. He usually will give a days notice or less that a designated amount of Feldgrinds/Hausgrinds will be available. Best of luck!
LMWDP #517

Kafa74

#5: Post by Kafa74 »

if it helps, I ordered a Hausgrind in May and it took 32 days to deliver (I live in NJ, USA). No communication but that's what I knew going into this adventure. The risk paid off and I am loving the grinder. Thinking about ordering the walnut one now :D

dtyson

#6: Post by dtyson »

Yes, thanks; I've had a Hausgrind on order since May 15 and haven't heard a peep.

No surprise, though, from the sound of things. The extra anticipation is free of charge I guess. We'll see what happens!

I hope the walnut Feldgrind works as good as it looks!

Bronifac

#7: Post by Bronifac »

So how does this grinder stand versus lido 2 in terms of grind quality?

Stephanus

#8: Post by Stephanus »

My Walnut Feldwood arrived at our house on 29 August, after being shipped on 5 August. That is quite fast when you consider the 3 week backlog at South Africa's customs.

I am very eager to try it out when I am back in Port Elizabeth.

My wife sent me this photo, and she says that she is very impressed with the quality and finish of the product:

Only a surfer knows the feeling

Eastsideloco

#9: Post by Eastsideloco »

Here's another photo of a walnut Feldwood in the wild:

My first real trips with this grinder are this week (Notre Dame vs. UVA football game) and next week (conference in Anaheim). However, I took this photo while making hotel coffee at the Four Seasons in Austin. The hotel is less than a mile from our house, but a friend hooked us up with a free room with pool and spa access. So I got to test drive the Feldwood in the field, as it were.

Since the Feldwood isn't bombproof like some of the other precision travel grinder options, I bought neoprene pouches for the grinder and handle. That should keep the grinder safe in transit, since I carry my coffee kit on the plane. While I can go ultra-light if need be, my default travel coffee kit is pretty full featured-in part because I'm often brewing for a small crew.

Here's a close up of the handle:

Bob_M

#10: Post by Bob_M »

I received mine today. It looks just like the pictures already posted so I wont post anymore...It seems packed better than what some of the pictures posted of the Feldgrind showed. Madebyknock: Feldgrind 1.1

The tube housing was undamaged on mine...