Getting two ounces way too quickly. - Page 2

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
cstegner (original poster)

#11: Post by cstegner (original poster) »

Hey cmin, that's awesome you're right up the street.

My wife and I are actually originally from Seattle and travel to awesome coffee havens across the US all the time and are always upset to come back home to find nothing in South Florida. Not just the good coffee is missing but the cool coffee shop culture as well. So...in a few months we'll be starting up hopefully a cool place with great coffee (with more help from everyone here) in the Flagler art district area. Feel free to swing by and help us get the setup dialed in, talk coffee and have some coffee.

We are actually trying beans from everywhere we can get our hands on them right now. A good friend owns dauphinkaffee.com which is actually a local company so we are trying their beans which seem awesome. Calusa Coffee roasts right up the street from us. We've gotten samples from Jaguar, CBD (amazing customer service) and a bunch of others. Trying to make sure we get the very best bean possible. We'll be doing a tasting with friends in a few weeks, you're totally invited.

Can you give me more details on Yani shop? Also just so you know where Brew was on Federal Hwy is now owned by some other company and really isn't that great. BUT, Brew is still around, they are actually located inside of C&I Studios in Flagler (http://4sq.com/19wz5ht). Pretty awesome spot. Also worth checking out is The Alchemist in Eucalyptus Gardens (Wilton Manner). Unfortunately that's pretty much it.

This is us https://www.facebook.com/balmontcoffee nothing is there yet, but if you want to keep posted. Shoot me a message if you want to meet up.

coffeefanatic1

#12: Post by coffeefanatic1 »

Good to hear you got it sorted, who says coffee making isn't a science? :)

entropy4money

#13: Post by entropy4money »

making espresso is not a science... it isn't art either... it is a skill.