[SOLD] 1991 Elektra Microcasa a Leva.

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
Double Shot

#1: Post by Double Shot »

Due to a change in circumstances I am relocating back to NZ and am having to sell this machine.

I haven't had much time to get to know it properly. My previous experience has been with manual levers. If I wasn't moving I would replace the pressure stat and the spring. While the spring for this model is no longer manufactured there have been HB members that have installed the later model spring without mishap. The machine works in its current state but I feel more would be gained from it by replacing the parts mentioned.

I'm not sure if it is a quirk with the Micro Casa a Levas but on initial startup the boiler pressure will come up to 1.5 bar. After bleeding off false pressure and allowing the machine to come up to temperature it will then cycle between 0.8 and 0.9 bar.

I had an issue getting the syphon tube to tighten in the correct position. I remedied this by fitting a copper washer between the tube and the group and tightening down onto it. It is good now.

When replacing the piston seal I noticed a small amount of pitting. I don't consider it to be a problem especially if the group is lubricated regularly, which is easy to do on this machine. I have included photos but it is difficult to get the correct perspective of it. The third photo shows it the best. There are two marks at 2pm and 5pm that stand out. These are the worst of it. The dark rings that look bad are actually discolouration of the bore and may polish out.

There is the option to plumb this unit in.

Included in the purchase is:
1 x Micro Casa a Leva espresso machine c/w domed boiler lid with eagle.
1 x portafilter.
1 x double basket.
1 x single basket.
1 x tamper (not a great one but it will do the job if you haven't already got one).
1 x sachet of Dow Corning 111 lubricant (opened).
2 x copper washers for the syphon tube.
1 x piece of silicon gasket for the pressure stat diaphragm. I have already fitted a piece of this material in the pressure stat.
The piston seals have been replaced and the remainder of the seal kit is included.

Shipping will be at the buyers expense. Machine is double boxed and will be shipped with the steam wand and lever detached.

Package details:
Dimensions: 16" x 16" x 16".
Weight: 25.2 lbs measured on my bathroom scales.
Shipping from: Jacksonville, FL. 32205.

I am looking to get $750 for it.

Thanks!

Plumb in detail:

LMWDP #480.

Double Shot (original poster)

#2: Post by Double Shot (original poster) »

Edit: It has been brought to my attention that changing the spring also requires replacing the piston and the piston rod.
LMWDP #480.

drgary
Team HB

#3: Post by drgary »

I told Mike about the replacement spring requiring a new piston and piston rod. I did that on my 1989 MCAL and it made the spring pressure like the latest model. Elektra doesn't advise it, but I sold my machine to a colleague who's enjoying it without problems, so that spring mod has been in place for a couple of years now.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!