What is wow'ing you? - Page 45

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
beta14ok

#441: Post by beta14ok »

My ISOMAC La Mondiale is down for more repairs.....again.....sheesh!

So I've been drinking delightful French Press Pots (36g/500g) of CCC"s Baroida.

It's been a nice shift for me and I'm really enjoying this highly savory /earthy coffee whilst looking forward to getting back to espresso in the near future.

spressomon

#442: Post by spressomon »

Another shout out for Temple Coffee's Dharma Blend! While traveling around the west coast and staying in Sacramento we stopped by Temple Coffee at their "S" street location yesterday. We were able to meet Sean Kohmescher, CEO and founder of Temple Coffee while there...a nice treat! We have a tie to the Land Cruiser community and now one of fine coffee beans too! We had visited Temple Coffee many years ago...it was a refreshing discovery to see the flavor in the cup has not suffered via their growth and popularity. In fact, if anything, their QC is even higher today!

While at the cafe we had a couple of cappuccinos: One using their Dharma Blend and the other with El Salvador (Ador Nazarene Pacamara S.O.E.) beans. While both were tasty in our cappuccinos it was the Dharma Blend that really muscled through the sweet milk and provided one of the rare "wow" espresso events of any roaster cafe we've perused the past couple of months traveling around the west coast! I will be back to try their SO as espresso though :)

We were so enamored with their Dharma Blend (93 pointer) I just had to have a bag of Dharma to play with on my recently acquired Ponte Vecchio Export; my new go to lever/espresso device for travel duty when we are afforded 110v at stay overs. This morning's pulls were much the same as yesterday's cappuccino at Temple with big notes of hazelnut, caramel, nutmeg/allspice and a nice chocolate compliment too. Of note, the ground beans had zero chafe in the mix!

No Espresso = Depresso

jesse

#443: Post by jesse »

Grabbed a bag of Populace's Columbia Arnulfo yesterday. Dialed in Perger's v60 recipe on the new Feldgrind with relative ease, and this stuff is just lovely. At once balanced and complex. I could call out a handful of notes, but this coffee seems best enjoyed without too much intellectualizing.

Looking forward to the release of his Guatemalan.

FrankZ

#444: Post by FrankZ »

Dharma sounds good. Just ordered :)

spressomon

#445: Post by spressomon replying to FrankZ »

Hope you like it! I stopped by Temple today on our way out of Sacramento but alas they were all out of Dharma Blend :( .

I found the pinnacle/peak of balance to be at 5-6 days post roast. Still very drinkable downstream though...as I'm still working on the beans roasted on 5/10 and still quite happy with it.

I look forward to read your comments.
No Espresso = Depresso

twolane

#446: Post by twolane »

Anyone try the new Klatch "summer" espressos yet? Klatch is usually one of my reliable go-tos, and my interest is certainly peaked.

Chert

#447: Post by Chert »

FrankZ wrote:Dharma sounds good. Just ordered :)

Kenneth David's and associate also liked it, 92 points in May Coffee Review.
LMWDP #198

jyounk

#448: Post by jyounk »

I had a single origin cold brew at the Stumptown roastery in Portland which blew my mind!

Chert

#449: Post by Chert »

Nossa Familia Brazil Cup of Excellence no 5. Last year's roast in sealed deep freeze until last Thursday. French press, Stumptown recipe, NAILED it. Sweet, chocolate very pleasant touch of fruit.
LMWDP #198

FrankZ

#450: Post by FrankZ »

The Dharma is excellent. I have been pulling 17 gram shots at 200 degrees and it has delicate cocoa notes and is light on the palate. I did notice I could not grind it fine enough with my Baratza and the shots have been coming out real fast(~10 seconds) Just calibrated it today, so it should be an easy fix.