Madebyknock: Feldgrind 1.1 - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Wanderratte

#11: Post by Wanderratte »

atpkinesin wrote:got mine in today, and im not very happy.

i dont like writing these types of posts (especially since im new to commenting here), but i felt like others should know what they were potentially getting into, incredibly frustrating
atpkinesin, you are lucky man :)
I've received mine today with neither popper, nor stopper (sorry Doug :wink: ) in the package.

Though, maybe I'm posting in a wrong thread and mine isn't 1.1 :shock:

leon

#12: Post by leon »

I think yours is definitely a 1.1 because of the black color.

Is that all the packaging it came with? My 1.0 came with quite a bit more substantial foam to protect it inside the tube.

Wanderratte

#13: Post by Wanderratte »

Yes. That's all. Bottom of that cardboard tube isn't firm enough.

Bob_M

#14: Post by Bob_M »

I was fortunate that my shipping tube wasn't worse than it was.

jesse (original poster)

#15: Post by jesse (original poster) »

You know, at first I was unsure about the catch cup design. After using it a handful of times, though, it actually seems like an elegant solution. I don't necessarily see a benefit as compared to a threaded design (which admittedly seems more logical), but it performs its intended function just as it should, so..

Also, real quick, where are people getting their Porlex handle sleeves from?

jbviau
Supporter ★

#16: Post by jbviau »

jesse wrote:Also, real quick, where are people getting their Porlex handle sleeves from?
I got mine here: http://www.hasbean.co.uk/products/porlex-rubber-sleeve
Only took a week to arrive!
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

leon

#17: Post by leon »

jesse wrote:You know, at first I was unsure about the catch cup design. After using it a handful of times, though, it actually seems like an elegant solution. I don't necessarily see a benefit as compared to a threaded design (which admittedly seems more logical), but it performs its intended function just as it should, so..

I was similarly skeptical about the catch cup design when I first received my Feld 1.0. It always seemed rough and difficult to get on and off. However, after a couple weeks of use it "wore in" nicely. Now it slides on and off smoothly, but never slips off unintentionally. Be sure to wipe off the inner surface of the catch cup regularly, though. There is a slight buildup of aluminum dust on the inner rim from the on and off friction.

rittem1

#18: Post by rittem1 »

Wanderratte wrote:Yes. That's all. Bottom of that cardboard tube isn't firm enough.
I can attest to that. This isn't a competition but if it were, I would win! (by losing). My package arrived on Saturday and I was initially very excited until I found that all I had was packaging and no grinder. That is right, cardboard tube, plastic wrap, and a nice note from the postal service saying that my package arrived with out contents. Someone, somewhere has my ginder and is probably wondering what the heck it is and what they should do with it. Beyond bummed.
LMWDP #517

rittem1

#19: Post by rittem1 »

End of plastic wrap split open at seam. Flimsy paper ends of cardboard tube not taped resulting in probable ejection of grinder in transit.
LMWDP #517

Eastsideloco

#20: Post by Eastsideloco »

Wow. Quality packaging is such cheap insurance. Sorry for your loss. Good luck with the remedy.