Bezzera Family Lever - Page 13

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
peacecup

#121: Post by peacecup »

Sorry I can't help get that beauty back on her little rubber feet, but good luck. You'll manage it eventually - these machines are simple at heart, and it will just take a little perseverance.

If I were still at the ancestral home on Avenue I of course I could invite you over...I suppose it was those bygone days that led me to my espresso passion. The moka pot steaming on the stove, the long table crowded with relatives and cluttered with after-dinner demitasses. But alas, after two generations to the clan has scattered far and wide across the globe. Brooklyn, once the center of our universe, nothing but a name on the map. Personally, I still blame the Dodgers for breaking my dad's heart, but that's another story....

When you finally get the Family up and running you'll find it lives up to it's name. Whereas the Export may be likened to a life raft, our Lusso is a lighthouse - beaconing wayword souls to espresso comfort through the storms thrown at us by man and nature. Ever-ready, glowing, willing to pour forth liquid light for the weary traveler of life's seas.

PC
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."

beer&mathematics (original poster)

#122: Post by beer&mathematics (original poster) »

The recent post on the 'Club' type machines is driving me to get mine working and pulling shots.

I made a video of it after approximately 10-15 from cold:
As you can see: the steam valve is locked open and steam just gushes out without stop until I turn the machine off. The water tap seems to be working though. Also, water runs through the group without stopping. Pressure gauge stays at zero.

First, I'd like to fix the steam wand and then go from there. Any ideas?
LMWDP #431

kenuko

#123: Post by kenuko »

beer&mathematics wrote:The recent post on the 'Club' type machines is driving me to get mine working and pulling shots.

I made a video of it after approximately 10-15 from cold:
As you can see: the steam valve is locked open and steam just gushes out without stop until I turn the machine off. The water tap seems to be working though. Also, water runs through the group without stopping. Pressure gauge stays at zero.

First, I'd like to fix the steam wand and then go from there. Any ideas?
Thanks a lot for this video! As you wrote in my Ater Family thread, this is exactly the same problem I have with my machine. The difference being that my group does not leak, but the water tap does. Lets get this issue solved.
- but first coffee.

LMWDP #524

espressojr
Supporter ♡

#124: Post by espressojr »

beer&mathematics wrote:Actually, removed the power switch but ended up breaking the plastic in the back.
did you happen to source a new switch? mine is starting to go out and I'd like to find a new one...

thanks
jim

beer&mathematics (original poster)

#125: Post by beer&mathematics (original poster) replying to espressojr »

Yah, bought this one from Espressoparts.com. It works and fits fine, but I don't like the cover so will probably replace it later...
LMWDP #431

espressojr
Supporter ♡

#126: Post by espressojr »

beer&mathematics wrote:from Espressoparts.com. It works and fits fine, but I don't like the cover so will probably replace it later...
sweet! thanks... might not get that exact one but it will be a good starting place. much appreciated!
jim

espressojr
Supporter ♡

#127: Post by espressojr »

to follow up with the switch replacement: just put in an elektra switch which I got from stefanos- worked like a charm. Also updated the pressurestat with a Ceme and got an MCal basket- can't wait to play around with the new set-up!