The craziest %#*$ing thing I've seen all day... - Page 195

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
SpaceTime

#1941: Post by SpaceTime »

JohnB. wrote:I have to wonder what byproduct of coffee roasting "is toxic to plants"? Certainly not the coffee grounds. I've been spreading all of our grounds around our blueberry bushes for years & they are thriving.
Ditto, my wife composts all my espresso pucks, and it ultimately ends up in our garden - and all of our kale, chard, etc still tastes wonderful!
If I could just like crappy coffee again, it would sure save a lot of time and money!

yakster
Supporter ♡

#1942: Post by yakster »

A copper Slayer, courtesy of @coppersmith8 on Instagram. I believe that this is being made for a new cafe called Blacksmith Perth.

He's also done copper pouring kettles and even a copper Aeropress.

-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Advertisement
thelastpav73

#1943: Post by thelastpav73 »

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/04/prweb12644620.htm

A "new," "groundbreaking" product......that isolates EHT from coffee and combine it with a few other vitamins to make an "age-defying supplement."

.......sure seems to me if you drink coffee regularly and incorporate healthy amounts of vegetables in your diet, you get the same effect. Only better. And naturally.

But I'm sure people will buy into the craze!! Like people would much rather pop a pill to lose weight than actually work out regularly and eat healthy!! :roll:
LMDWP #512

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#1944: Post by JohnB. »

If there is an effect aside from lightening your wallet. As the disclaimer says: "These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration." They also didn't mention any scientific studies that might back up their claims.
LMWDP 267

jfrescki

#1945: Post by jfrescki »

I did find this Princeton Undergraduate publication, Innovation, referencing Jeffry Stock and EHT, so apparently the research is on the level, but who knows if the pill does anything.
Write to your Congressman. Even if he can’t read, write to him.
- Will Rogers

Fausto

#1946: Post by Fausto »

yakster wrote:A copper Slayer, courtesy of @coppersmith8 on Instagram. I believe that this is being made for a new cafe called Blacksmith Perth.
Looks awesome, but does he know how bad copper smells when it gets wet? I would have at least made the drip tray out of something else! The Aeropress too...

Compass Coffee

#1947: Post by Compass Coffee »

From the What is wow'ing you Coffees forum thread.
Extolling the virtues of a coffee based on a 10sec shot...
The Dharma is excellent. I have been pulling 17 gram shots at 200 degrees and it has delicate cocoa notes and is light on the palate. I did notice I could not grind it fine enough with my Baratza and the shots have been coming out real fast(~10 seconds) Just calibrated it today, so it should be an easy fix.
And yum, canned coffee..
I love trying samples. 1st in Coffee has an Illy Monoarabic Sampler. The case with 6 cans features a coffee from Brazil, Ethiopia, India, Guatemala, Costa Rica, and Columbia. Each has a unique flavor and fragrance that is authentic to the local region. You can sip the culture and style of different locations around the globe while staying at home in your very own kitchen! Each can is 8.8 ounces. The total price is $84, which means each can is about $14. If you spend over $50, shipping is free.
Both posts crazy to me! But whatever floats your boat.
Mike McGinness

Advertisement
johnny4lsu

#1948: Post by johnny4lsu »

Compass Coffee wrote:From the What is wow'ing you Coffees forum thread.
Extolling the virtues of a coffee based on a 10sec shot...

Both posts crazy to me! But whatever floats your boat.
Ummm...WOW!

yakster
Supporter ♡

#1949: Post by yakster »

More cool than crazy, found on Instagram:
@theecoffeeman_ wrote:I've wanted one of these for many years now and finally, today it arrived, my Pink Faema Prestige, or better known as the Barbie Faema #faema #thecoffeeman
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Bluecold

#1950: Post by Bluecold »

After a copper Slayer and a pink Faema, let me continue this page of the thread with a gold-plated Slayer
http://dailycoffeenews.com/2015/06/12/s ... o-machine/
LMWDP #232
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."