CoffeeTech's Solar 2Kg Help

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
gbduarte

#1: Post by gbduarte »

Hi guys!

I've been offered the chance of roasting my coffee on one of these machines. I've tried it once but was very disappointed with the outcome. Either the recipe was not good or the owner didn't know how to work well with the roaster.
Does anyone have experience with this roaster? Where can I find recipes where I can start from?
The owner doesn't like (want) to change the entry temperature (the factory settings for this is 155°) and then the only other parameter that can be changed is the final temperature, which he usually sets from 159-161°C.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

SAS
Supporter ❤

#2: Post by SAS »

I suggest calling Coffee Tech: 972-8-925-4872. See if they will email you the manual.

Also I guess by now you have read what they have to offer on their web site but here is the URL:
http://www.coffee-tech.com/products/sho ... ers/solar/

One should be able to adjust the PID's to any initial and final temperature. Sounds like your friend isn't willing to let you experiment.
LMWDP #280
Running on fumes.

Séb

#3: Post by Séb »

I have this roaster with the Avirnaki and really like it. I am very pleased with the quality of the roasts. I roast every week on it. Ideally you should always use 2kg as it is very difficult to get good and consistent results with lower charge. You can and almost should play with both settings and can also manually stop/abort a phase if you need.

Just send me an email and i will help you, i have the manual that i can email also. Here is my email: info@lecafecrema.com

Just take note that i will be on the road for the next two days and will probably not be able to respond to you.

gbduarte (original poster)

#4: Post by gbduarte (original poster) »

SAS wrote: Sounds like your friend isn't willing to let you experiment.
I'm affraid this might be true. Or maybe they're just sticking to safe and factory settings.

gbduarte (original poster)

#5: Post by gbduarte (original poster) »

Séb wrote:I have this roaster with the Avirnaki and really like it. I am very pleased with the quality of the roasts. I roast every week on it. Ideally you should always use 2kg as it is very difficult to get good and consistent results with lower charge. You can and almost should play with both settings and can also manually stop/abort a phase if you need.

Just send me an email and i will help you, i have the manual that i can email also. Here is my email: info@lecafecrema.com

Just take note that i will be on the road for the next two days and will probably not be able to respond to you.

Hi Seb!
I've just email you.
Thank you for your support!