Minipresso Review - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
nlbrmn

#11: Post by nlbrmn »

Thanks for the very detailed run-through Hans!
I was thinking of getting a Handpresso for travelling, but now this has got me wondering.

And by the way, there is a video of the Minipresso in action on YouTube...
-Neil

ausjpatt

#12: Post by ausjpatt »

Hello all, I have received my minipresso and am having trouble getting that satisfying shot. A lot are tasting under extracted and a bit tart. I have tried most everything and am wondering if others have input on the grind. I have tried a bit finer than pour over much similar to a moka pot ( 8 clicks from the limit on a hario slim grinder) and any finer the pump gets jammed. I use 8 grams of coffee and weigh the shot, stopping at 16 grams. I have tried messing with the infusion time. I have pulled some awesome shots but I can't pin point the direct cause.

Thanks for the help!

jagobear

#13: Post by jagobear »

my minipresso is leakage from the piston,anyone have this problem too?

How to solve it?

ausjpatt

#14: Post by ausjpatt »

spaniel wrote:Update - Hugo from Wacaco got back to me and provided information on a simple fix for my Minipresso not pressurising. Basically the valve grommet had moved and needed to be reseated. After opening the Minipresso up and making the adjustment, it all works good now :D :D

If anyone has the similar problem, I've attached the instructions on the fix.

<image>

Hello I have the same problem and was curious if when you replaced the valve was it some what loose and did it have some wiggle room or did it fit securely into place?

Thanks for the help,

Austin

ausjpatt

#15: Post by ausjpatt »

jagobear wrote:my minipresso is leakage from the piston,anyone have this problem too?

How to solve it?
Yes I too am having this problem and have tried contacting them about it. It might be the positioning of the pressure valve but not entirely sure yet.

jagobear

#16: Post by jagobear »

Very frustrated :?

ausjpatt

#17: Post by ausjpatt »

Yes it is mine is doing the same thing, but it started out working just fine.

zoarium

#18: Post by zoarium »

Mine build up so much pressure that I cannot continue to pump. Anyone else getting the same issue?

jagobear

#19: Post by jagobear »

Some people can't pressure up

spaniel

#20: Post by spaniel »

ausjpatt wrote:Hello I have the same problem and was curious if when you replaced the valve was it some what loose and did it have some wiggle room or did it fit securely into place?

Thanks for the help,

Austin
Hi Austin - when I replaced the valve, it was fairly snug. I didn't notice much play in it.

Glad to say that the Minipresso works well for me now. Not sure what everyone else is getting but I find the coffee that I'm producing is full flavoured and very smooth. I would normally have a little sugar with my coffee but the brew method brings out some sweetness in the coffee that I don't need it.

Cheers